The Christmas season has started! How about decorating your tree in Alice in Wonderland style? Continue reading for lots of Christmas tree decoration ideas.
- Hang lawn flamingos, Wonderland character stuffed toys, a clock, a brass bugle, and other Wonderlandish items in the tree;
- Replace the balls with pocket watches, dangling from their chains;
- Hang small golden keys in the branches. Or chess pieces;
- Label small glass bottles with a ‘Drink Me’ tag. Put a battery light in them so the bottles light up!
- Attach ‘Eat Me’ signs to the candy canes and other sweets you hang in your tree;
- Make a garland by stapling playing cards to a ribbon;
- Fill clear glass balls with pieces of paper containing book quotes, illustrations, or other material;
- Place ‘This way’ / ‘That way’ signs in the branches;
- Put a top hat on top of the tree. Or a Cheshire Cat. Or just its head / grin!
- Glue tea cups to their saucers (consider light weight miniature tea sets). Hang them on the branches using their ears, or knot small treads through them;
- Fold white and red roses from crepe paper to create a Christmas rose bush;
- Use checkered ribbons in stead of garlands;
- Did you know you can actually buy string lights with teapots or flamingo’s!?
- Attach a small ‘door to Wonderland’ to the bottom of the tree trunk;
- Place the tree on a table with a checkered tablecover;
- Make mome raths by using colorful pipe cleaners, pom poms and googly eyes!
- If you want a looking glass tree, hang it upside down on the ceiling…
Also make sure to check out my other Alice in Wonderland Christmas decoration ideas.
If you don’t feel creative, you can buy several beautiful Alice in Wonderland Christmas tree ornaments from my webshop. Also, here are some general ideas for an Alice in Wonderland themed Christmas party.
Below you can find Alice in Wonderland themed Christmas trees from other people (click for the source) to serve as inspiration:
Have a merry Christmas! And do send me pictures of your own Alice in Wonderland style trees!