Events > Happy Mad Hatter Day!

Inform each other about Alice in Wonderland related events anywhere in the world! I may decide to promote your event on my blog as well.
Beautiful Soup
Honorary member

Happy Mad Hatter Day!

Postby Beautiful Soup » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:42 pm

..to our American cousins (and anyone else who writes their dates in that particular topsy turvy fashion)

To celebrate, I have decided to wear this

Please join me in donning some mad millinery and post your choice of crazy chapeau here

Pip pip :)

[edit by webmaster] This can go in the 'events' subforum

The Queen of Hearts
Honorary member

Postby The Queen of Hearts » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:57 pm

Happy Mad Hatter day to you too! I made a button/pin that says "Mad Hatter Day!" at the top "10/6" at the bottom and has the pic of Tenniel's Hatter in the center! :D

Bella44
Lewis Carroll

Postby Bella44 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:35 pm

Happy Mad Hatter Day! As I live in New Zealand and write the date 6/10 does that mean I still get to celebrate it? :?

Beautiful Soup
Honorary member

Postby Beautiful Soup » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:49 pm

Happy Mad Hatter Day! As I live in New Zealand and write the date 6/10 does that mean I still get to celebrate it? :?
Nope. You have to wait until June tenth.

Only joking :p Of course you can celebrate too - I'm in the UK (where dates are written sensibly, like in NZ) and I'm celebrating my socks off :D
Last edited by Beautiful Soup on Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beautiful Soup
Honorary member

Postby Beautiful Soup » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:28 am

Happy Mad Hatter day to you too! I made a button/pin that says "Mad Hatter Day!" at the top "10/6" at the bottom and has the pic of Tenniel's Hatter in the center! :D
Ooh, that's impresive - actually wearing something - I'm only wearing my comedy bonnet virtually, if you take my meaning...

The Queen of Hearts
Honorary member

Postby The Queen of Hearts » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:36 am

Ooh, that's impresive - actually wearing something - I'm only wearing my comedy bonnet virtually, if you take my meaning...
Haha, I wanted to wear a hat too (a real one, although I'm sure you virtually look lovely in your virtual hat :p ), but then I put my hair in a bun and that really won't work with a bucket hat. Unfortunately, no one noticed it. :( Maybe I'll post of picture of it later.

3rdpoliceman

Postby 3rdpoliceman » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:28 pm

I've always wanted a top hat, and a big black umbrella.

Beautiful Soup
Honorary member

Postby Beautiful Soup » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:20 pm

Haha, I wanted to wear a hat too (a real one, although I'm sure you virtually look lovely in your virtual hat :p ), but then I put my hair in a bun and that really won't work with a bucket hat. Unfortunately, no one noticed it. :( Maybe I'll post of picture of it later.
Yes, do post it here. Those dull old real world people may not appreciate your efforts, but we do :)

Beautiful Soup
Honorary member

Postby Beautiful Soup » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:28 pm

I've always wanted a top hat, and a big black umbrella.
Your wish is my (virtual) command...

I'm sure you'll look very dashing at any tea parties you may happen to be attending :)

3rdpoliceman

Postby 3rdpoliceman » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:22 pm

Ooh, thank you. I've never actually attended a tea-party. But I can make excellent hot chocolate!
I am constantly on the lookout for hats and stuff like that. I am sure that a nice top hat will go well with my long green scarf (My scarf is awesome! All my friends think so, though my sister hates it. In fact, she hates everything I wear. Its fun to annoy her!).

aliceaficionado
Lewis Carroll

Postby aliceaficionado » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:12 pm

Ack, I forgot!!!!!!

Time is mad at me now! I am doomed to neverending teatime! I've been so happy about going to the Lewis Carroll Society of North America meeting I forgot.

And 3rdpoliceman, I have thrown two tea-parties: A formal one, and a mad one. I will try to post pictures of the mad one later

:-)

aliceaficionado
Lewis Carroll

Postby aliceaficionado » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:14 pm

And my virtual hat:

3rdpoliceman

Postby 3rdpoliceman » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:59 pm

Great news: I have a top hat now! It is big, it is black, it aggravates my sister and it adds to my overall eccentric appearance.

Beautiful Soup
Honorary member

Postby Beautiful Soup » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:41 pm

Great news: I have a top hat now! It is big, it is black, it aggravates my sister and it adds to my overall eccentric appearance.
LOL, how fab! And aggravating your sister is a definite plus :D

I had a bowler hat (briefly) and was harranged at great length one night by this Irish guy I met (in England) who thought it signified my support for orangemen - which it didn't of course, but I was told off in no uncertain terms for wearing it!

3rdpoliceman

Postby 3rdpoliceman » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:10 pm

I have no idea what orangemen are- are they half man, half orange or something? Or is it something to do with William of Orange? The Annoying Orange? Orange Marmalade? I am confused.

Return to “Events”