Feedback & Announcements > FYI:Blocked because the site has third-party cookies

Forum guidelines and announcements. Compliments, suggestions, bug reports, etc. for the webmaster.
Treacle
Honorary member

FYI:Blocked because the site has third-party cookies

Postby Treacle » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:50 pm

Today when I came to your site there was a sign in the way, so to speak, that said I could go no further until I approved accepting third-party cookies. I of course approved.

My take on this is that Google and/or Firefox now wish to appear to respect online privacy after years of telling me there is no online privacy. Google proves this by being a popular search engine that pulls up my more recent posts on World Wide Web sites when my name is Googled. I assume that I am not the only member of the forum who has encountered this roadblock.

Lenny
Webmaster

Re: FYI:Blocked because the site has third-party cookies

Postby Lenny » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:09 am

Actually, that sign is part of my website. Since May this year, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has taken effect. This means all websites that have EU-residents as visitors and use cookies, are legally required to inform their visitors about this, and if they use cookies that may have impact on visitor's privacy, they are required to ask permission for this.

Treacle
Honorary member

Re: FYI:Blocked because the site has third-party cookies

Postby Treacle » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:09 pm

Thank you for the explanation, Lenny.

Return to “Feedback & Announcements”