Miscellaneous Alice > Alice in Wonderland tattoos

For all questions and discussions that are related to Alice in Wonderland, but do not fit into one of the above subforums.
sobtephanobie
Disappearing Cheshire Cat

NEED HELP FOR MEMORIAL TATTOO!!

Postby sobtephanobie » Wed May 04, 2011 7:17 am

SOMEBODY...ANYBODY...PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Hello friends! I have myself a bit of a conundrum and I'm hoping and praying that someone here may be able to help me out with this one! So I've had my heart set on getting a Wonderland tattoo for years to finish a memorial piece that I've already started for my best friend, who was the biggest Alice fan I've ever known but, have held out so far for the perfect one. Now here's the tricky part! I found the ideal Alice about a week ago in a tattoo magazine but I was with my family at the time and they were in a huge rush to get home so I didn't catch the name of the piece or the magazine because I was too caught up in taking a picture with my phone. Weeell now that I have it home with all my tattoo supplies (I'm a tattoo artist) I can't for the life of me get the image large enough to stencil so i need to find the actual image. I've searched far and wide and can't find it!! She's a little abstract...has pure black round eyes (one bigger than the other), long eyelashes, a large round head with a significantly smaller body, & she's sitting down with a bottle with a tag that says "drink me" under one arm. It's a fairly simple, very cartoony (adorable) piece, that's I'm guessing was created by computer. The background of the piece is black and the border of the page it was on was blue and white and said "Ask Alice" at the top. I need to find this before it disappears forever!! This is THE ONE!! She's like a true love and I can't let her get away!! Sorry this post was so long but I really need the absolute right one! So if anyone knows the name of the magazine or where online I can find it please either reply on here or email me at [email protected] ASAP!! Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this! DIS:-/

[edit by admin] Reply moved to the appropriate topic

uncommon nonsense

alice tattoo artists

Postby uncommon nonsense » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:56 am

hey fellow alice lovers!
i have been considering getting an alice tattoo for a little over a year now, and i am hoping someone could help out a fellow lover of wonder! ;)

here is the picture i would like to get;
http://ccwe.files.wordpress.com/2008/08 ... knave.jpeg

but just alice.
because this will be a permanent branding, i would like to make sure it comes out perfect!

does anyone know of any good artists in the kansas city area? i would be willing to travel a little in order to make it amazing!

thanks! AIW:-.

AliceCat

Postby AliceCat » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:17 pm

I'm getting my first tattoo on August 20th, and yep, it's an Alice one! DIS:-)

It's got a pocket watch, a 'drink me' bottle, an 'eat me' cupcake and playing cards, and also some cool sorta ivy winding around it.. I've seen the design and it's SO pretty! I'm having it done on my thigh/side kind of area (hard to explain where exactly, I guess it's sort of like the side of my bum cheek! (:-O )
I've always felt like Alice myself, not just because my real name is Alice, but because I have an incredibly vivid imagination and at 19 I still create imaginary worlds and scenarios for myself..
I love the dark, ironic bizarreness of wonderland and I'm a proud fan of the books, the films (although not the Tim Burton one so much - Felt a little flat, somehow, too try-hard!) and I have also been an avid American McGee's Alice fan since the first game came out all those years ago DIS:-)

I'll be sure to post a picture of my finished tattoo up here when it's completed!

AliceCat

Postby AliceCat » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:04 am

Naiobe
Humpty Dumpty

Postby Naiobe » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:30 pm

I loved seeing all the tats and reading about your tat ideas!
-
I'm in the process of designing an Alice in Wonderland tattoo right now. I want to get a tree of life with my favorite Alice characters either in or around the tree. I'm kind of taking my fave images of the characters and combing them. Lol. I think I'm going to go with the Disney Alice but I can't decide on the rest. I'm hoping to find someone to sketch some out for me. Anyway above the tree in an arch I want the qoute "Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop". Would love any advice from anyone! Always looking for ways to improve my ideas!

thefrogwhisperer
Mad Hatter

Postby thefrogwhisperer » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:41 pm

sounds like a cool design. i hope you find it!

Tulgeys
Dormouse

Cheshire Cat Tattoo

Postby Tulgeys » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:50 pm

Here's my Cheshire Cat tattoo that I've had for about three years. The artist used a screenshot from Disney's Animated movie as a guide. The Alice and Mad Hatter cast members noticed it on a visit to Disneyland, liked it, and stopped what they were doing to talk to me and pose for a photo.

Return to “Miscellaneous Alice”