Miscellaneous Alice > Show your Halloween costumes!

For all questions and discussions that are related to Alice in Wonderland, but do not fit into one of the above subforums.
Lenny
Webmaster

Show your Halloween costumes!

Postby Lenny » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:15 pm

Like previous years, we'd love to see your Alice in Wonderland Halloween costumes! So post your photographs in this topic. And do tell us whether or not you made your costume yourself.

No prizes for prettiest costume, as this year you can win a gift certificate by sending in photographs of products (including Halloween costumes!) you own, or writing product reviews (see this thread). But of course the praises of our visitors should be prize enough? DIS:-)

So what Alice character are you going to be this year? Show us!
Last edited by Lenny on Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

hoshi
Humpty Dumpty

Postby hoshi » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:34 pm

Is this the thread where we post pictures? If not, please move it :)

Here is my Alice costume, made by user PetiteFool, whom hasn't even posted on the forum yet!

That's Toki, the girl who made the dress, as a bunny behind me in the last one.

Lenny
Webmaster

Postby Lenny » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:05 am

You're in the right topic, and you look really cute in that dress! :D

Colorized
White Rabbit

Postby Colorized » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:50 pm

Yay! I'm making a super-awesome Queen of Hearts costume this year (really. it'll be amazing. like the best thing you'll ever see in your whole entire life.) and I'll totally post a picture when I finish.
...I should probably get started on that...

White Night
Queen Alice

Postby White Night » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:33 pm

Hoshi,
You make a lovely Alice. Thank you for sharing.

(and it confirms my belief that the color of the dress is more important than the color of the hair for being Alice.)

hoshi
Humpty Dumpty

Postby hoshi » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:26 pm

Thanks, guys :-)

Yes, I was excited to wear the dress at the time, because I thought my hair looked like Alice Liddell's. Except for, you know, my glasses :3 And I've always loved the blue dress a lot more than the yellow.

Colorized, I look forward to seeing your Queen of Hearts!

ammitusen
Queen Alice

Postby ammitusen » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:36 am

hey hoshi! i just wanted to say thanx for posting your costume pics (very cute btw). i'm working on an Alice sculpture and in your first pic you're sitting very nearly in the same posture as my sculpture. you have been quite useful as a model for my little Alice figurine. thanks again!

hoshi
Humpty Dumpty

Postby hoshi » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:31 am

Oh, wow, that's cool! I'm glad I could help, ammitusen! And I can't wait to see the sculpture when it's finished ^-^

ammitusen
Queen Alice

Postby ammitusen » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:41 am

yeah! i'll post pics. i'm working on sculpting a whole series of Wonderland characters from which i'll make latex molds. i'll cast them in hydrostone, paint them and hopefully they'll be charming enough that they'll sell. thus far i have finished White Rabbit, Caterpillar, DoDo w/ Mouse w/ Long Tale, Cheshire Cat, Mad Hatter and March Hare w/ Dormouse. oh and i just finished Alice today. my next sculpting endeavor will be the Frog Footman and then Fish Footman. even if i end up not making any $ with my figurines i'm having a good time sculpting my way through Wonderland and it'll be cool adding my own creations to my Alice collection. (see pics of my collection on thread entitled "My Madness")

strangely enough Alice was the hardest figure to sculpt so far. she's just a little girl but her proportions have to be right. she's the only character in the story who can't be too cartoony, which is why your pic of yourself came in so handy.

PS. sorry Lenny, if i've gone too far off topic on this thread. COSTUMES! this thread is about COSTUMES!

Colorized
White Rabbit

Postby Colorized » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:34 am

Okay, kids, here you go!
Me with the Queen of Hearts on Wednesday, October 28th, at Mickey's Trick or Treat Party at Disney's California Adventure.

Lenny
Webmaster

Postby Lenny » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:32 am

Wow, really nice costume!

Colorized
White Rabbit

Postby Colorized » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:44 pm

Thank you, Lenny. :D

Also, Hoshi, I love your costume, too. I forgot to mention that earlier. DIS:-/

We'reAllMadHere
Lewis Carroll

Postby We'reAllMadHere » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:59 pm

Nice costume Colorized! It's better than the one worn by the freaky looking creature next to you. :-) I'm not even going to any Halloween parties this year, even if I was I wouldn't know what to go as!

(Even if Halloween is actually Samhain, the Celtic new year, which was condemned as a day of devil-worship and witchcraft by the Christians. But that's just going off topic. ;) )

Colorized
White Rabbit

Postby Colorized » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:51 am

Haha, thank you. When I was at the party, one of the Disney cast members said, "Your Majesty! You've lost so much weight, and gotten rid of that mole!" It was pretty funny. I hope I looked better than her. :P
Oh, and I apologize for not letting you all see my lovely face, as it is pixelated. But I will assure you it is mole-free. XD

hoshi
Humpty Dumpty

Postby hoshi » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:06 pm

Sorry for the late reply, but Colorized, you make a PERFECT Queen of Hearts! Now if we could only get that bozo in a suit out of the picture... :p

Return to “Miscellaneous Alice”