Fan art & fan fiction > J. Michael Rolen Illustrations

Here you can post your own art, stories, movies, and other creative creations that are inspired by the story of Alice in Wonderland.
The Queen of Hearts
Honorary member

Postby The Queen of Hearts » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:08 pm

Thanks for sharing, Treacle! AIW:-)

Treacle
Honorary member

Postby Treacle » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:54 pm

According to Google, I can make people with a Google account "approved" reviewers. This means the person gets to see the whole book. It also means you, the person, telling me your email address so I can put you down as an approved reviewer.

(If it helps any, I promise to use the email address once, then lose it.)

I am making this offer because it seems that this 2013 ebook will not be released for sale this year.

Treacle
Honorary member

Postby Treacle » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:34 am

Here's a link to the pdf form of the book as promised, via dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rwsoprtac6ztp ... t.pdf?dl=0

This is a way to have all the pictures in one download, in an edition of AAiW that turned out nicely with the help of a lot of people! (I did it for Lenny and the members of the forum, who are my Lewis Carroll friends.)

I know that a book you can't see except on screen is hard to think of as being real, but this one at least looks like a real book once it's on screen.

[No book is perfect, so I'll replace the ebook in the Drop Box with its ever-so-slightly corrected self as I find proofing errors. For example, I find that instead of "Ah, cruel Three!" I didn't capitalize 'three'. This is a luxury published books don't have unless you happen to have been Lewis Carroll who edited later editions. In this case I want to be true to the 1866 Macmillan text.]

Treacle
Honorary member

Postby Treacle » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:20 pm

:-)

If by chance you find you want to make a comment about the Rolen Alice after downloading a copy of it, please do, here under "J. Michael Rolen Illustrations". (If the forum is too public, there's the private message option. I'll pass the message along to him.)

12/1/2015. On the other hand, a thing that looks like a printed book on the screen but barely exists otherwise is very like a grin without a cat, an awkward idea to Alice and the reader. Books can be touched and put on a shelf, can be bought and sold, and found in libraries and used book stores. The Rolen Alice PDF is in that sense a 21st century anomaly. Sorry about that :P

(A grin without a cat is a good thing for an e-book of AAiW to be like.)

Treacle
Honorary member

Re: J. Michael Rolen Illustrations

Postby Treacle » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:15 pm

FYI

I don't know when the collection will show up online in the library's archives index, but yesterday I gave the Rolen Alice pen-and-ink drawings, and associated materials, to the Oklahoma Historical Society. The editions people see now are recent, but the original drawings are not: they have ink burn and the paper is turning yellow. It was time to retire them, and work from scans.

Return to “Fan art & fan fiction”