Buying, selling & collectibles > Help finding a specific edition

Promote your or other people's Alice in Wonderland products, show off your collectibles, or ask for help with finding a specific item.
Surfbum
Disappearing Cheshire Cat

Help finding a specific edition

Postby Surfbum » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:26 pm

Hello all,
I'm looking for a certain edition. I am a new member and I don't know if I can post a picture on here so please bear with my description.
Besides my mother's copy, I saw this edition in a small local library in 1975, so it was obviously published before then. It is a hardcover book. The binding is green and the cover shows a teenage Alice walking next to what I believe to be the queen(a playing card with a head and legs). The cover script shows "Alice's Adventures" in a rolling text at the top in what appears to be white text. " In" is underneath and to the right and then "Wonderland" under that. These both appear to be in light green.
My mother had this book years ago but alas it went missing. I have only seen a picture of the book in one place on the internet. Please do not take this the wrong way but it is the only picture I could find on the web when I looked. In Bill Oslow's 1974 movie 'Alice in Wonderland a Musical Comedy' (yes I know it is a soft core movie) starting Kristine Debell as Alice. Ms Debell is holding the book in the opening library scene before she sings 'I Guess I Was Too Busy Growing Up'. I took a screenshot of the cover and it is the exact book my Mother owned. I have searched the web and can't find it anywhere, so I came here looking for some expert help.
If there is any way to post a picture of the book, please let me know and I will.
I would love to find this book. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
Mark

Surfbum
Disappearing Cheshire Cat

Re: Help finding a specific edition

Postby Surfbum » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:24 am

With Many Thanks to this forum's founder Lenny and her good friend Joel, I can add that the edition I am searching for was published by Homewood Publishing Company in 1903. Illustrations by John Tenniel. Green cloth-covered boards, pastedown of Alice & Rabbit front, pastedown of girl & boy at spinet-piano back. No dust jacket, white end papers, unnumbered pages. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction or has one they are looking to sell.
Thank you again Lenny and Joel !!

Beautiful Soup
Honorary member

Re: Help finding a specific edition

Postby Beautiful Soup » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:36 am

I can't find a copy for sale anywhere, but maybe the images included here might be useful?
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/ ... 1998704373

Return to “Buying, selling & collectibles”