Buying, selling & collectibles > Book Giveaway - The Portuguese Adventure into Wonderland

Promote your or other people's Alice in Wonderland products, show off your collectibles, or ask for help with finding a specific item.
madhattress
Disappearing Cheshire Cat

Book Giveaway - The Portuguese Adventure into Wonderland

Postby madhattress » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:18 pm

Giveaway has now ended. Winners will be announced Monday, March 15th.
I am pleased to announce a giveaway of two copies of my book - The Portuguese Adventure into Wonderland. (by Jane Duarte)

The first part is dedicated to the analysis of the relevance of Carroll’s text and is based on the way language is taken to extremes, on the subversive nature of the text and on the cognitive adventure the narrative provides for its readers. The second part is a comparative analysis of Carroll's text and the 2000 Portuguese version.

Who will win: Simply leave a comment on the post saying what kind of effect Carroll's story had on you (no more than 50 words). Entrants must live in Europe or Canada.

The giveaway ends at midnight on Friday, March 12th. Winners will be contacted by email.

This Giveaway is courtesy of Ediual. For more information on the book or orders contact [email protected][/img]
Last edited by madhattress on Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raquel Tarantino

Effect?

Postby Raquel Tarantino » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:02 pm

When I first read the story when I was 9 I didn't like it, it scared me, when I read it today, I still don't like it and don't get it....but in the end, that's what really fascinates me!!!!

[email protected]

Rachel Green

Postby Rachel Green » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:47 am

Alice has been my enduring 'go to' book and has inspired me to collects many, many editions of it, make etchings, paintings, drawings. I still read it now, forty years after i first did.

http://whenthedogsbite.blogspot.com/

Alex

Postby Alex » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:17 pm

I have never managed to read the book. I start reading it and I invariably quit! I can't even read an adaptation for children! It completely disconcerts me! It's unendurable!
[email protected]

Raqbond

OH Alice

Postby Raqbond » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:26 pm

It's scary, intriguing, confusing, wild yet fascinating and now as an adult I find it even more fascinating, it's almost as if it mirrors that struggle many of us have in life with the many obstacles we encounter and how we react to them, fight them, accept them and ultimately overcome them and find inner peace and happiness; I think there's a bit of every character in all of us at some point.......wild to think about!

ThiliBlooms

flower pictures

Postby ThiliBlooms » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:33 pm

I just added some of your flower pictures to my blog, hope thats ok, I linked them to you :)
thank you! have a wonderful day

Evertype
Honorary member

Postby Evertype » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:09 pm

I hardly knew how many doors Carroll's books would open for me... but when you sip from that bottle labelled "DRINK ME", something interesting is sure to happen. Every time I re-read Alice, I learn more about language, logic, illogic -- and Alice in translation adds so much more!

Chess-chess-cat

book giveaway

Postby Chess-chess-cat » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:02 pm

Curiouser and Curiouser! That is how I feel each time I read the Alice books...a different reading each time I pick up the book. I think it is an analogy of how we communicate on a daily basis and the various characters that cross our paths both at a personal and professional level.

If I win, please let me know on the forum and I will then give you my e-mail address! DIS:-)

Evertype
Honorary member

Postby Evertype » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:28 pm

So... erm... who won?

madhattress
Disappearing Cheshire Cat

Giveaway Winners

Postby madhattress » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:21 am

I'm happy to inform everyone that the winners of my Book Giveaway were Raqbon and Evertype. Please send me your e-mail address so I may have copies of the book sent to you!

A special thanks to all those who participated!!!

Evertype
Honorary member

Postby Evertype » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:25 am

I'm delighted! I sent you my e-mail address by PM.

Evertype
Honorary member

Postby Evertype » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:32 am

Check "My messages" in the sidebar to the top left of the page.

Return to “Buying, selling & collectibles”