Buying, selling & collectibles > Devereaux Models Anyone - Info Please

Promote your or other people's Alice in Wonderland products, show off your collectibles, or ask for help with finding a specific item.
NJStylist63
Disappearing Cheshire Cat

Devereaux Models Anyone - Info Please

Postby NJStylist63 » Fri May 28, 2010 7:36 pm

I recently purchased 3 unusual figures from the Alice series. They are hand made in England by Devereaux Models. They are the Queen of Hearts, Ugly Duchess and White Queen. They are unbelieveably detailed and stand about 12" tall. The face and hands are some sort of plastic or resin and the clothing is remarkable. I have searched the intenet but have found absolutely nothing. I was told they are at least 50 years old, and am wondering if they were perhaps made for the Disney film animators as models, as they closely resemble the Lewis Carroll drawings rather than the Disney ones, although they are sort of cartoony and exaggerated in their features.

All three have tags on their wrist which seems to have a label put over it, stating the names of the characters, but I could make out "Anne of Cleves" and "Nell Gwynn" underneath. A search of these names and Devereux turned up NOTHING as well.

Any ideas? Thank you, in advance.

White Night
Queen Alice

Postby White Night » Sat May 29, 2010 10:19 pm

I have no helpful thoughts for you. Yet your pieces sound quite amazing, and it would be great if you could post some photos of them. Would really love to see them.

Return to “Buying, selling & collectibles”