Buying, selling & collectibles > Custom hand-painted Alice in Wonderland inspired furniture

Promote your or other people's Alice in Wonderland products, show off your collectibles, or ask for help with finding a specific item.
Lynda
Disappearing Cheshire Cat

Custom hand-painted Alice in Wonderland inspired furniture

Postby Lynda » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:25 am

After viewing Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, I was enchanted with all the characters. I absolutely love the Mad Hatter bunny. I laugh every time I think of him.

As an working artist for the last 40 years I knew I wanted to do something with these inspiring characters. Even though I work in various mediums, painting is a passion so I decided to do a limited series of hand painted furniture. Check out the pictures and let me know what you think!

Tilt Table and Chair

Queen of Hearts 2 Tier table and Chair

Vintage Telephone Table and Chair

Vintage Straddle Stool

White Rabbit Table and Stool

Beautiful Soup
Honorary member

Postby Beautiful Soup » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:54 am

They're lovely :-) Delightful and charming

I'd love to see what you would do with the original Tenniel illustrations (I ardore the book and Tenniel's pictures, but I'm not so keen on Burton's version)

You can check out the Tenniels here

http://djelibeibi.unex.es/libros/Tenniel/

Maybe you'll find some inspiration in them :-)

Lynda
Disappearing Cheshire Cat

Postby Lynda » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:06 pm

They're lovely :-) Delightful and charming

I'd love to see what you would do with the original Tenniel illustrations (I ardore the book and Tenniel's pictures, but I'm not so keen on Burton's version)

You can check out the Tenniels here

http://djelibeibi.unex.es/libros/Tenniel/

Maybe you'll find some inspiration in them :-)
Thank you so much for your response. I like the old illustrations also. I appreciate your comments and the url. I will check out the pictures.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Return to “Buying, selling & collectibles”