Buying, selling & collectibles > :D YAAAAAAAYYY!

Promote your or other people's Alice in Wonderland products, show off your collectibles, or ask for help with finding a specific item.
We'reAllMadHere
Lewis Carroll

:D YAAAAAAAYYY!

Postby We'reAllMadHere » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:41 pm

I dunno if this is in the wrong part of the forum, but oh well!

Sadly I haven't been on this forum in ages :( due to the banality of college, etc. But I just had to come back to announce this AMAZING NEWS!! Well, amazing to me anyway.

Do you remember, ages ago, I had a massive dillema trying to aquire Svankmajer's Alice on video as I couldn't get it on DVD in this country, the UK? Well, MY PRAYERS ARE ANSWERED!!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004 ... ss_product

I think I nearly died when I saw this. ON BLU-RAY!!! DUAL FORMAT!!! WITH THE ORIGINAL CZECH AUDIO!!! MWAHAHAAA, FINALLY I GET SOMETHING THE US DOESN'T! :D God bless you BFI!! Needless to say, I pre-ordered without a second thought to the matter.

Sorry if this has already been reported, but I was too elated to czech! (Get it?)

EDIT: And, for extra info, here's a thread from another forum talking about it:

http://www.criterionforum.org/forum/vie ... hp?t=11087

Luckily, it's region free, so any jealous people not from Europe can watch it. ;)

Peppertarts
Queen Alice

Postby Peppertarts » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:10 pm

Yippeee!!! :D

Beautiful Soup
Honorary member

Postby Beautiful Soup » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:03 am

Do you remember, ages ago, I had a massive dillema trying to aquire Svankmajer's Alice on video as I couldn't get it on DVD in this country
I certainly did remember. When Grimly mentioned the release date in another thread I replied
Hurrah! What great news (I bet AllMad can barely contain himself )
viewtopic.php?t=1936&start=15

Sorry for not replying to this thread sooner, but I couldn't remember where I'd made that comment

We'reAllMadHere
Lewis Carroll

Postby We'reAllMadHere » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:17 am

:O It was already announced? Fiddlesticks, someone always gets there before you. :-) Indeed, I could hardly contain my excitement when I saw the DVD cover. I think I had a mini heart attack.

We'reAllMadHere
Lewis Carroll

Postby We'reAllMadHere » Mon May 23, 2011 6:34 pm

Just to follow up, I finally got the DVD today courtesy of Amazon.

:O :O :O :O

I have to say, the BFI have done an AMAZING job in cleaning this up. Compared to all those dingy, grimy, dark video tapes and the version on Youtube, this is spectacular! Probably one of the best Blu-ray transfers I've yet seen! I'd advise to follow this link to see what I mean, scroll down and you can see screencaps.

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film3/blu-ray_ ... lu-ray.htm

The original Czech audio is much easier on the ears, as opposed to the jarring English dub. And the extras are very weird as well, including a short animated film called Alice in Label Land that appears to be about how food is packaged and displayed. :O I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS! It was definitely worth all the blood, sweat, tears and miscellaneous. :-)

Beautiful Soup
Honorary member

Postby Beautiful Soup » Mon May 23, 2011 6:42 pm

Pleased to hear you finally got hold of it :D Happy day

Return to “Buying, selling & collectibles”