Movies > i love the cheshire cat!

About officially released Alice in Wonderland movies, like Disney's cartoon and Tim Burton's movie.
chesirealice
Disappearing Cheshire Cat

i love the cheshire cat!

Postby chesirealice » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:31 pm

AIW:-) yeah in the book the cheshire cat looks kinda creepy lol. i like the disney one better DIS:-)

LigeiaQueenOfHearts

Postby LigeiaQueenOfHearts » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:46 pm

I'd love to find a pic of him that isn't too cartoonish, but not as creepy. I've been wanting a Cheshire cat tattoo for a long time.

Kristine

Cheshire tat

Postby Kristine » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:37 pm

I've had a cheshire tattoo for about 13years. LOVE IT!!!!
Almost love it as much as Alice.

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am

I think that someone (read: Tim Burton) should do some CGI trick where the Cheshire Cat looks like (and is maybe even portrayed by) a real cat, but uses computers to make his mouth move and give him voice (like they did with the Taco Bell chihuahua, although I think that was a mechanical jaw). DIS:-)

DarkMantha70
Caterpillar
Location: Austrailia (most of the time) in the summer,I'm in New York!=)

Re: i love the cheshire cat!

Postby DarkMantha70 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:51 pm

AIW:-) yeah in the book the cheshire cat looks kinda creepy lol. i like the disney one better DIS:-)
True.The Chesire Cat looks a lot better in the movie! DIS:-) I even have a stuffed animal of him that I bought in Disney World over the summer! DIS:-) DIS:-) DIS:-)

cheshire cat 13
Dormouse

Postby cheshire cat 13 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:05 am

i adore them both and i have a large cheshire cat collection DIS:-)

DarkMantha70
Caterpillar

Postby DarkMantha70 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:15 pm

Lucky you.I only have a stuffed animal of him I've slept with every night when I was in Disney. I still sleep with it. DIS:-) I got it in Epcot,though.It was like about $15 and I bought it.I couldn't resist!He's just sooo cute!I wish I had a pin of him though.I've collected some pins throughout Disney.And that summer was my first time going to Downtown Disney.We didn't go there the last time,which was in 2006.I went there this summer (I went during 4th of July weekend) and we had dinner at Wolfgang Puck's.But yeah,it was sooo great!I'd love to come back to Disney this year!!!Or beter yet,Disneyland! DIS:-) DIS:-) DIS:-)

lara

Postby lara » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:38 pm

hello everyone, im from Portugal ( it looks like all the country's love's the Alice!) but my favorite is Chreshire Cat! Obviously!

sure he isnt an villain but yes a little mad (funny cat)! ahah DIS:-)

Ps - but sorry, my english isn't very good.

[edit by admin] I moved the offtopic posts in the 'is the cheshire cat a villain?' topic to this topic

DarkMantha70
Caterpillar

Postby DarkMantha70 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:00 pm

hello everyone, im from Portugal ( it looks like all the country's love's the Alice!) but my favorite is Chreshire Cat! Obviously!

sure he isnt an villain but yes a little mad (funny cat)! ahah DIS:-)

Ps - but sorry, my english isn't very good.
Aww thats ok dude. DIS:-) I think I feel so bad for u since ur the only one in Portugal who loves Chesire Cat.I bet there are tons of Chesire Cat fans on here you'll be good friends with,like me (Mantha),Alyss (I think),and chesirecat13!Right guys? DIS:-)

lara

Postby lara » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:17 pm

Ohhh! Thanks guys! we'r so lovely (:-O

i love to imitate him, every single day i say something, a simple expression and my boyfriend gets deaf (" DIS:-z ")

He's said "Lara, for god sake!" DIS:-/

this is so comic. DIS:-)

lara

Postby lara » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:46 pm

I want a "cheshire cat collection" :(
There's nothing at Portugal.

DIS:-)

DarkMantha70
Caterpillar

Postby DarkMantha70 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:29 am

Ohhh! Thanks guys! we'r so lovely (:-O

i love to imitate him, every single day i say something, a simple expression and my boyfriend gets deaf (" DIS:-z ")

He's said "Lara, for god sake!" DIS:-/

this is so comic. DIS:-)
LOL!!! :D I'm actually performing as him in my young performers drama group in Alice In Wonderland!I know every single one of his lines by heart!!! DIS:-)

cheshirealice

Postby cheshirealice » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:08 am

Lucky you.I only have a stuffed animal of him I've slept with every night when I was in Disney. I still sleep with it. DIS:-) I got it in Epcot,though.It was like about $15 and I bought it.I couldn't resist!He's just sooo cute!I wish I had a pin of him though.I've collected some pins throughout Disney.And that summer was my first time going to Downtown Disney.We didn't go there the last time,which was in 2006.I went there this summer (I went during 4th of July weekend) and we had dinner at Wolfgang Puck's.But yeah,it was sooo great!I'd love to come back to Disney this year!!!Or beter yet,Disneyland! DIS:-) DIS:-) DIS:-)
yeah, i saw a shirt at Disney World in mgm w/ him on it. but it was like $40. :( that is not in my budget. DIS:-)

emmma
Dormouse

Postby emmma » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:59 pm

I want a "cheshire cat collection" :(
There's nothing at Portugal.
DIS:-)
Here in Finland is nothing too..
But yes, Cheshire Cat is the best. Cheshire-tattoo would be amazing... :p

We'reAllMadHere
Lewis Carroll

Postby We'reAllMadHere » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:19 am

Now this is where I'm different (and, in some ways, controversial). The Cheshire Cat is one of my favourite characters in the book, mainly because I confuse everyone when I talk as he confused Alice, and I love his cryptic way of speaking.

But I just don't like the Disney cat. Smite me now. In fact, most of the movie Cheshire Cats aren't particularly inspiring. (The best departure from the norm I've seen is in, as you'd expect from me, Jonathan Miller's film. ;) )

Return to “Movies”