Movies > Disney's Alice in Wonderland 2: Through The Looking Glass

About officially released Alice in Wonderland movies, like Disney's cartoon and Tim Burton's movie.
The Queen of Hearts
Honorary member

Postby The Queen of Hearts » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:03 am

Other than that site I can not find anything about it. Didn't Disney say something about not doing any more movies in the traditional animated style?

Some guy

Postby Some guy » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:55 am

Or, because it's wiki, I guess it could be entirely mocked up by some prankster (or wishful thinker)
On closer inspection, I have just noticed that it looks remarkably similar to one of the pics uploaded in Lenny's own section of disney screens. Go to the section about tulgey wood creatures, find the path sweeping dog and you'll see what I mean. (Even the path colours look similar, aside from Alice's posture and position looking practically identical)
Didn't Disney say something about not doing any more movies in the traditional animated style?
They said before that they don't see themselves doing any more sing-along Disney Princess themed fairy tale stories for the foreseeable future, even though Pixar is releasing their own Disney Princess themed fairy tale story in Summer 2012. (Brave)

So even though the poster may just be a cheap forgery, they could get around to doing it eventually because of the Alice story's surge in popularity. But what do I know? I'm just one man...

ilovecheshirecat
Queen Alice

Postby ilovecheshirecat » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:50 pm

Hey guys, I just checked out the Disney Wikia and I found this: http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Alice_Thro ... king_Glass

I'm aware that it's overly simple and so could easily have been photo-shopped, but if anyone could find some more info about this, that would be most grand. :D

Personally, I'll believe it when I see it, but if it is in fact happening, I'm looking forward to it no matter what.
Well that's very interesting. I see what you mean about the picture not looking quite real, but I suppose that might be simply because they haven't done any official art yet?

Or, because it's wiki, I guess it could be entirely mocked up by some prankster (or wishful thinker)
I agree. You can never trust wikipedia... And i doubt that this is true because we probably would have heard abut it by now. They probably would already be advertising.

Some Guy

Postby Some Guy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:02 am

And i doubt that this is true because we probably would have heard abut it by now. They probably would already be advertising.
Who knows? Perhaps they'll reveal something in the Blu-Ray release hopefully.

ilovecheshirecat
Queen Alice

Postby ilovecheshirecat » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:42 pm

And i doubt that this is true because we probably would have heard abut it by now. They probably would already be advertising.
Who knows? Perhaps they'll reveal something in the Blu-Ray release hopefully.
That's true...but after the new movie wouldnt you think that they would want to get people pumped up while all their merchandise is out and people are excited about alice?

Alex_in_Wonderland
Mad Hatter

Postby Alex_in_Wonderland » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:55 pm

Hey guys, I just checked out the Disney Wikia and I found this: http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Alice_Thro ... king_Glass

I'm aware that it's overly simple and so could easily have been photo-shopped, but if anyone could find some more info about this, that would be most grand. :D

Personally, I'll believe it when I see it, but if it is in fact happening, I'm looking forward to it no matter what.
OMG!! She has fat legs!!! :D

InHumanEnFORc3R
Disappearing Cheshire Cat

Postby InHumanEnFORc3R » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:53 pm

It would be SiCk to see a second alice in wonderland: Disney/cartoon version, the first was EXCELLENTT! Tim burtons remake was awful..... But if executed properly, the second could be EPIC DIS:-)

Golden Afternoons
Caterpillar

Postby Golden Afternoons » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:07 pm

If Disney would do it right, I might just want to see it. I really don't know though, because after seeing their sequels to Peter Pan (Thought that one was okay) and Jungle Book (Was really off DIS>:-( !) I now know why their aren't really any other Disney animated movie sequels, save Bambi 2.

I would defintely want to work on an Walt Disney's Alice sequel. It's one of my favorite Walt Disney movies. I would defintely want to be the voice of Alice. Another idea is that they might consider using whoever does the current voice for Pooh as the Cheshire Cat, since Sterling Holloway (The Cheshire Cat DIS:-) , for those who don't know) was also the voice of Pooh in the Walt Disney Winnie the Pooh.

They will defintely need to get it right though, thats my only concern, that they'll screw it up as they did with Jungle Book. Let's pray that, if a movie ever does come to light, they won't screw it up!

Golden Afternoons
Caterpillar

Postby Golden Afternoons » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:17 pm

Didn't Disney say something about not doing any more movies in the traditional animated style?
Yes, but think, Princess and the Frog. There's the Winnie the Pooh remake.
I do know they said something about that, but that was probably because of the fact that many of the hand drawn, early 2000's Disney films sucked badly at the box office. Atlantis was really wierd, and Home on the Range was a difficult movie to understand. I think Emporer's New Groove (The only Disney early 2000's movie I really love) was the only successful one, seeing as how it inspired a TV show and a sequel.

Treacle
Honorary member

Postby Treacle » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:01 pm

As you say, the 2010 Disney Alice film made a lot of money. I found online what seemed to be a credible report that says that Disney is going to make AIW2. :| Only this time Tim Burton won't be the director, said the report.

There's no way to know what Disney does until it's done it, if the past is anything to go by. We can hope for something interesting in itself.

RandomNigel
Disappearing Cheshire Cat

Postby RandomNigel » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:45 pm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2567026/news

Ive heard theyre making a new adaptation SIMILAR to Tim Burton with the guy who directed the muppets directing again. Alice and Johnny Depp reprise their roles but other than that i can expect a major failure. Tim Burton hardly once looked at content material and now that Walt is no longer with us i'd expect the same thing. I hate how many adapatations there are because it overshadows some of the good ones. Hall mark follows AAIW completely, and Alice through the looking glass does a very well job too even adding in the Wasp in the Wig. They never put in my favourite chapters like the sheep, the lion and unicorn, and the train. All so very interesting but hardly see the light of film (not to mention, Mock turtle and Duchess) Overall i think Alice needs a break from film until someone who ACTUALLY apreciates it can make a good sequel.

Return to “Movies”