Feedback & Announcements > Never had I thought I would find such a place...

Forum guidelines and announcements. Compliments, suggestions, bug reports, etc. for the webmaster.
Pistac
Dormouse

Never had I thought I would find such a place...

Postby Pistac » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:05 pm

Hi to you all! I was just going around the net looking for some ideas about my Carnival March Hare dress, when I saw by chance this wonderful website, and took a moment to decide I would join this forum!
Congratulations, Lenny, you had a wonderful idea! Alice's been the novel I've liked the most since I was a child, after seeing the Disney movie and reading the book, and now it's been a great surprise to find out a whole website dedicated to it! Thanks^^ (and forgive my probable grammar mistakes, for I'm not of English mothertongue (:-O ...)

ait_meijin
Queen Alice

Postby ait_meijin » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:49 am

Hello and wellcome, Pistac! But please don't you worry 'bout troubles with English grammar, because I'm second here non-native english speaker and my head is still on my shoulders somehow :p

Lenny
Webmaster

Postby Lenny » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:39 am

Thank you, Pistac, and welcome!
English isn't my native language either, so don't worry... you've just joined a big international bunch of Alice lovers DIS:-)

NeVaR aSk
Lewis Carroll

Postby NeVaR aSk » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:51 pm

yep!!... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaalll abooooooard!!...

mine neither... mi primer idioma es el español, soy puertorriqueño :-)

Pistac
Dormouse

Postby Pistac » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:15 pm

Really? Fantastic! We could speak Spanish then, I'm Italian, but I've been studying Spanish too^^ Lenny, it must have been difficult to write a whole website in a language that's not properly yours, hasn't it?

Lenny
Webmaster

Postby Lenny » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:49 pm

In the Netherlands we learn quite a lot of languages in school. We have to, as nobody else speaks Dutch :p It also helps that we watch many subtitled American movies.

Writing Spanish is okay, as long as you do it in private messages. As this is an international board, we want everyone who can speak English to be able to read the messages :)

Pistac
Dormouse

Postby Pistac » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:00 pm

Yes, of course, I was just trying to set up some conversation... sorry (:-O

NeVaR aSk
Lewis Carroll

Postby NeVaR aSk » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:16 pm

Really? Fantastic! We could speak Spanish then, I'm Italian, but I've been studying Spanish too^^ Lenny, it must have been difficult to write a whole website in a language that's not properly yours, hasn't it?
hahaha!! :D ... that'll be cool!

I love Italian language... it is somewhat like spanish. btw... if you need some help with spanish i'll be glad to help you ;)

like lenny said... subtitles in the movies help a LOT!... i think they help me better than the actual lessons in school LOL

Netherlands... one of this days i'll go there (:-O... one of this days *sighs*...

Return to “Feedback & Announcements”