Feedback & Announcements > Love the new layout!!!!

Forum guidelines and announcements. Compliments, suggestions, bug reports, etc. for the webmaster.
The Queen of Hearts
Honorary member

Love the new layout!!!!

Postby The Queen of Hearts » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:26 pm

I think the new layout is awesome Lenny!!! Thanks for all the work you put into the site to make it so fantastic for all of us!!! DIS:-)

Lenny
Webmaster

Postby Lenny » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:51 pm

Thanks (:-O

I hope the new lay-out does not only look better, but also makes the website easier to use.

NeVaR aSk
Lewis Carroll

Postby NeVaR aSk » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:47 pm

is gr8!! DIS:-) ... easier to use indeed... is more organize now.

propz...

jerseybelle
Queen Alice

Postby jerseybelle » Thu May 08, 2008 3:37 am

The new layout looks nice, Lenny...

Sorry for your crash troubles. How awful. But it's good that none of the past posts were lost.

Thank you for your hard work and tenacity in keeping your site up and running. It's always a pleasure to be here. :D

Lenny
Webmaster

Postby Lenny » Thu May 08, 2008 7:21 am

Thanks!

I am still having doubts about the new forum lay-out though, because I feel it is a bit crowded. If you have any suggestions for improvement, do let me know.

TrinityLion
Lewis Carroll

Postby TrinityLion » Thu May 08, 2008 12:15 pm

Heehee, I find the new layout slightly confusing, but it's still pretty cool. I'll just have to get used to it. ;)

Lenny
Webmaster

Postby Lenny » Thu May 08, 2008 6:25 pm

What confuses you? The menu? The links? The lay-out of the posts? Something else?
I want everyone new to be able to use the forum naturally, without having to get used to it.

NeVaR aSk
Lewis Carroll

Postby NeVaR aSk » Thu May 08, 2008 7:21 pm

^ though for me is all good cause its a bit more organize, maybe the way is all put together that confuse people... and sometimes is a bit eye restraining. i mean... since the layout resembles a book, all things are somewhat too close... maybe thats what the "I'll just have to get used to it" came from.

btw... when the forum will be closed?... when do you move to the other web hosting? DIS:-S

Lenny
Webmaster

Postby Lenny » Thu May 08, 2008 8:09 pm

I am currently busy with the preparations and I want to start the move after the weekend - that's when the forum will close. It may take 1 to 5 days for the domain name to be transferred to my new hosting space. If that's done, I can open the forum again.

Come to think of it, as monday is a holiday, perhaps I will close the forum on monday evening (CET). The domain transfer will only be initiated on business days I think.

The Queen of Hearts
Honorary member

Postby The Queen of Hearts » Thu May 08, 2008 10:10 pm

Thanks!

I am still having doubts about the new forum lay-out though, because I feel it is a bit crowded. If you have any suggestions for improvement, do let me know.
It looks really cool, but I agree that it does feel a little crowded. Is it possible to make it a little wider by moving the stuff on the left side to the top? Thanks again for all you do to make the site sooooo incredibly awesome!!! :D

NeVaR aSk
Lewis Carroll

Postby NeVaR aSk » Thu May 08, 2008 11:26 pm

^ second that... but...

sometimes i worried about all this web host movement/closing forum/bugs all round/crashing etc etc with our privacy... i mean... we don't have like a $$ acoount here (at least i dont) but we do have our emails and with only that we can get any malaware/spyware/spamers or anyother stuff of this you know.

i know that you can handle that, but you know.... its still worry me :?

anyway... as the Queen said, thnx for all you do to mantain this extraordinary website... propz! :-)

TrinityLion
Lewis Carroll

Postby TrinityLion » Fri May 09, 2008 6:41 am

What confuses you? The menu? The links? The lay-out of the posts? Something else?
I want everyone new to be able to use the forum naturally, without having to get used to it.
Nah, it's just that I'm used to the entire page moving up and down when I scroll. Now that there's a sort of frame around it, well, I'm not qoute used to that. But, I'm getting the hang of it, so keep the layout.

I don't go to many forums as nice as this one. I like how it looks like a book! ^^

Lenny
Webmaster

Postby Lenny » Fri May 09, 2008 7:34 am

TrinityLion: I understand. I hope you get used quickly :-)

NeVar Ask: you don't have to worry about your privacy. The only thing someone else can see is what you yourself enter on your profile page. Yes, spam bots can find your e-mail address and send you spam. But that can happen everywhere on the web.

The recent database crash and moving to another server did / will do nothing to compromise your privacy. It is not possible to get anyone's password - not even I can see your passwords, as they are encoded in the database. That also goes for my new and old hosting company.
I hope this reassures you :-)

Lenny
Webmaster

Postby Lenny » Thu May 22, 2008 8:50 pm

Well, the database has been moved and I also tried to reduce the clutter on the pages by moving the contact icons to the left in stead of beneath the posting, and replacing those images with smaller ones.

Return to “Feedback & Announcements”