Feedback & Announcements > AIW pictures zip file won't open

Forum guidelines and announcements. Compliments, suggestions, bug reports, etc. for the webmaster.
Cliffe

AIW pictures zip file won't open

Postby Cliffe » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:24 am

I love your new site! - with just one small bit of feedback: When I try to extract the zip file I downloaded from your AIW pictures page, I get an error message that the file is damaged or corrupted. Might be worth checking.
AIW:-)

Lenny
Webmaster

Postby Lenny » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:14 am

My new website? It's been here for quite some time now :D

I can download and open the zipfile just fine...
Could you try to re-download it? Perhaps something went wrong during the transfer.

Is anyone else having trouble with it? Please leave a post in this topic.

Cliffe

Postby Cliffe » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:03 am

AIW:-| Sorry, same result. I'm using IE7 on a meticulously maintainted XP system, where I download and successfully extract zip file contents on almost a daily basis. Here's a screenshot: Image

Best regards,
Cliffe

bodeia
Disappearing Cheshire Cat

Same issue

Postby bodeia » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:55 am

I tried to download this file with the same result, of you save it then try to open it you get "no files exist", if you open it you get
"cannot open file: it oes not appear to be a valid archive. If you downloaded this file, try downloading the file again"

I'm on Window 7 running IE8,and using winzip 11.1

MarkR

Postby MarkR » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:47 am

It is the same sad result for me: I can download both AIW-illustrations.zip (5,308,416 bytes) and TTLG-illustrations.zip (7,691,596 bytes) but neither can be opened (with either Windows explorer or 7-Zip).

I tried from two locations, although both were using Firefox in WindowsXP.

No other problems on this great site!

Many thanks for the resources.
Mark

Lenny
Webmaster

Postby Lenny » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:54 pm

Ah, I see now... you're referring to the zipfiles with Tenniel illustrations! I thought you meant the one with the Disney pictures, which works fine... DIS:-O Silly me DIS:-/

I re-uploaded the files, as I noticed that the online versions were smaller in file size than the ones on my home computer. They should work now.

Return to “Feedback & Announcements”