Feedback & Announcements > My anti-virus software keeps blocking this site

Forum guidelines and announcements. Compliments, suggestions, bug reports, etc. for the webmaster.
Beautiful Soup
Honorary member

My anti-virus software keeps blocking this site

Postby Beautiful Soup » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:56 am

I've just updated to Bullguard 9.0 and it keeps throwing me off this site.

It reports an "incoming port scan" as coming from the IP address 66.147.244.191, throws me off the site and then blocks it for 300 seconds. I can then come back, but it just happens again and I don't know what to do.

Is there really a threat from this site? Or is Bullguard 9.0 just being overly gung ho, flexing its muscles - and if so, does anyone know how I can stop it?

Lenny
Webmaster

Postby Lenny » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:16 am

The reported IP is that of a server of my hosting company, where this forum is on.

I haven't found anything wrong. As you say you just upgraded your software, I guess the problem lies there, not with the forum. Perhaps you can contact their tech support?

Beautiful Soup
Honorary member

Postby Beautiful Soup » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:17 am

Thanks Lenny :)

I thought the problem was more likely to be being caused by the upgrade - I get the impression that some anti-viral software just likes throwing its weight around to prove how big and tough it is - Bullguard 9.0 has too much machismo perhaps.

I've got some techie friends I can ask for help - I'll give them a ring and see if we can fix it :)

Return to “Feedback & Announcements”