Feedback & Announcements > Accounts and post accidentally deleted

Forum guidelines and announcements. Compliments, suggestions, bug reports, etc. for the webmaster.
Lenny
Webmaster

Accounts and post accidentally deleted

Postby Lenny » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:33 am

I am very sorry to announce, that if you have created an account for this forum after July 5th 2019, it has unfortunately been deleted, including your posts...

This forum is being overrun with spammers and I have to manually delete many accounts daily. This week I made an error and deleted several valid accounts in stead of spammer accounts, together with their posts.

Normally I have a backup which I can put back, but of course it was Murphey's law: I created a backup this week just before I upgraded the forum software to a new version, in case something went wrong. And I made the mistake with the accounts the very same day after upgrading. Meaning I only have a backup of the old forum version, which I cannot import into the new version!

I have asked for support from the forum creators to see if there's anything I can do to retrieve the accounts or post, but I don't have much hope. The best thing you can do is create a new account.

I'm very sorry for this. DIS:-/ AIW:-(

Return to “Feedback & Announcements”