Miscellaneous Alice > prerapaelite brotherhood

For all questions and discussions that are related to Alice in Wonderland, but do not fit into one of the above subforums.
claumoon81

prerapaelite brotherhood

Postby claumoon81 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:05 pm

what kind of relation did carroll have with the p.r.b?please let me know it's very important.

tweedledammed
Mad Hatter

Google 101

Postby tweedledammed » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:15 pm

I wonder why it is that people seem to assume that because people post on a message board about a specific topic that means they are prepared to do unpaid research on that topic for anyone that asks.
As a suggestion why not go to www.google.com and type in (preferably with the correct spelling)

preraphaelite brotherhood carroll

I did and lo and behold got lots of hits answering the very question you have posed.

Go on, try finding an answer for yourself. You never know, you might find that its easier than you think.

In This Style 10/6
Disappearing Cheshire Cat

Re: Google 101

Postby In This Style 10/6 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:28 pm

I wonder why it is that people seem to assume that because people post on a message board about a specific topic that means they are prepared to do unpaid research on that topic for anyone that asks.
As a suggestion why not go to www.google.com and type in (preferably with the correct spelling)

preraphaelite brotherhood carroll

I did and lo and behold got lots of hits answering the very question you have posed.

Go on, try finding an answer for yourself. You never know, you might find that its easier than you think.
Well-spake. :D

claumoon81

twinkle twinkle..

Postby claumoon81 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:25 pm

dear friend,
if you check carefully the results, you can easily read that the news are fragmentary,and a relationship with the PRE-RAPHAELITE brotherhood is only mentioned..principally Carroll is considered only as the photographer of the members and a friend
There are lot of interesting elements that make us know that he wasn't only a photographer and he was seriously influenced by the PRB!!But I havent found any specific books or accurate info about that!for example I read he had a friendship with christina rossetti and he wrote her some letters,but I havnt foud them yet anywhere!!
I didnt want you to do an unpaid reserch at all!I just asked,maybe in a bad way,if you had any serious information about this matter..
obviously I checked accurately lots of sites before writing here!!
I LOVE PLAYING CROQUET EVEN IF IT RAINS!!
have a nice and sunny day,and smile sometimes..
thanx AIW:-.

Return to “Miscellaneous Alice”