Miscellaneous Alice > i need some help with a alice related descision

For all questions and discussions that are related to Alice in Wonderland, but do not fit into one of the above subforums.
barnes
Disappearing Cheshire Cat

i need some help with a alice related descision

Postby barnes » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:03 pm

my best friend absolutley adores alice in wonderland and for her birthday i am planning a trip to oxford to show her various alice / lewis carroll related sites but i wanted to give her something too andi cant decide between these two books!! the first is the lewis carroll illustrated original Alice's Adventures Underground (obviuosly the facsimile copy :) ) or the more popular sir john tenniel illustrated version whose story she knows because as you probably already know the stories differ greatly!! i really cant choose and your insights would prove very helpful i'm sure.

AliceObsession37
White Rabbit

Postby AliceObsession37 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:28 pm

The original manuscript and the published version isn't very different, it's the same plot just that the published version has more to it. I don't really think it's something to think about...It depends if you know where to go and how much you want to show her. I think you should go with Alice's Adventures in Wonderland if she knows it...but, as I said, they don't differ greatly :|

Lenny
Webmaster

Postby Lenny » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:28 pm

If she is such a fan, doesn't she already have the book? If she doesn't, then you should buy her the Tenniel illustrated version. Or perhaps Gardner's Annotated Alice. Alice's Adventures Underground is mainly interesting for fans who already have the book and want to study it more in-depth I think.

Or, another option: let her choose a gift from The Old Sheep Shop in Oxford when you're there!

Return to “Miscellaneous Alice”