Miscellaneous Alice > Anyone had any strange, AIW-esque dreams before?

For all questions and discussions that are related to Alice in Wonderland, but do not fit into one of the above subforums.
Daydreamer
Disappearing Cheshire Cat

Postby Daydreamer » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:23 am

Not particularly AAIW-esque, but it's strange. I was visiting a lighthouse in a young man's back yard (who lives nowhere near an ocean), and we explored the old, dark rooms together. Then we were outside, and he was dancing with another girl. I felt so elated that I dream-pinched myself to see if I was awake. Apparently pinching oneself in dreams does not wake them. :( I was disappointed when I woke, but that was not the end of the dream. I was back in the lighthouse, alone now, and I found a very old dog. He had been trapped in a closet for forty years, living on canned food. I exited the lighthouse and found an elderly lady in the back yard. I inquired about the dog and she showed me an animated newspaper, like the ones in Harry Potter. Everything was sepia; the lighthouse was on fire, and the many people inhabiting it were tossing their dogs out of the windows. I decided that the dog had been overlooked, but had survived the fire.

I also dreamt that a buck disconnected and hurled his antler at me. My family was outside at the time, and both my father and I ducked to avoid the antler. My father then - completely uncharacteristically, by the way - immediately stood up and announced that I was afraid of being hit.

Most recently I was fighting against some unknown evil with a brown-haired boy I do not know, and we allied with a Minotaur king, who had a most magnificent army. After the battle (none of which I remember, unfortunately), we rested in an exclusive hotel. The Minotaur king, to my great displeasure and anxiety, claimed the largest and most impressive suite on the top floor. The boy and I visited the room shortly after he had inhabited it, and found the furniture distastefully rearranged and muddied, and the king painting bloody murals of his victorious battles along the walls. I shuddered to think of the expense, and hoped that our contribution to the survival of man/minotaur-kind would appease the landlord. :-)

Alyss
Lewis Carroll

Postby Alyss » Wed May 04, 2011 9:20 am

If I do not have weird dreams like the one I posted, I'm either having premonitions of useless information/unimportant conversations, dreams where someone needs me to relay a message (but I never do in fear of being labeled crazy), or horrible night terrors where I can feel what's happening to me.

Ive been burned, stabbed, choked, chased, thrown into walls, had my arms cut up/cut off, scratched, kicked, anything and everything basically. My worst night terror was where I was in a room with other people and a man slowly sawed my feet off. I woke up and started crying, telling my husband "he took my feet" and I wouldn't let him move the blanket because I didn't want to see my limps for legs. I could feel every movement of the saw. I remember the sound of the metal on the bone. It makes my teeth hurt when I recall it.

Another was where I murdered people and had them chopped up in garbage bags in my closet. Without realizing I woke up, I panicked that I actually did this, ran to my closet, ripped open the bags, only to reveal old clothes I was getting rid of that morning.

Two weeks ago I dreamed a crazy woman was going to go on a rampage and kill everyone in the town we lived in in my dream. She was hiding weapons all over the place. She was chasing me in the park and cut up my arms and legs. I can still feel it if I think about the dream.

I'm starting to think something is trying to give a sign that it doesn't like me.....

writinghearts
Mad Hatter

Postby writinghearts » Wed May 04, 2011 11:05 pm

Haha, yes! I had a dream I was in a room full of chocolate, stuck with a very argumentative and cross girl. It was... strange. And delicious.

...but mostly strange.

Lewis Carrie
White Knight

Anyone had any strange, AIW-esque dreams before?

Postby Lewis Carrie » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:53 am

I once had a dream that I was falling down a zig- zaggedy rabbit hole, and I recently had a dream with Alice and the Lion and the Unicorn in it and a few that have briefly mentioned Lewis Carroll.

Melinda P.

Dream

Postby Melinda P. » Tue May 29, 2012 2:24 pm

I once had a dream about a week before my sister's birthday about Alice. In the dream, it was my sister's birthday, and all the Alice characters were there to celebrate. Me and Alice got along really well and became good friends. She took me to her house and then I adopted the Cheshire Cat (My lifelong dream ;) )
I had this dream that I was talking to the Cat,and he knew my destiny. When he disappered, I believed him.

CaffeinatedBovinae
Caterpillar

Postby CaffeinatedBovinae » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:25 am

Well, there was this one and I was sitting on the mantle like Alice does in Looking Glass. And instead of going through the mirror like she does I fell backwards off the mantle instead and woke up.

Melinda P.

gklfft

Postby Melinda P. » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:35 pm

Thats cool! DIS:-)

Sandman
Disappearing Cheshire Cat

Postby Sandman » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:32 pm

I had a really bizarre dream recently, one in which i was at a formal dinner, but everyone was a snail AIW:-D

Return to “Miscellaneous Alice”