Miscellaneous Alice > alice in wonderland game

For all questions and discussions that are related to Alice in Wonderland, but do not fit into one of the above subforums.
carrot

alice in wonderland game

Postby carrot » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:20 pm

Sometime back in the early 90's I played a text based Alice in wonderland that was accompanied by really nice original PC pictures and I think it may have had sound or music too. Every scene a new picture would pop up on the screen next to the written text.

I bring this up because I've recently been trying to locate that game and I can't find it at all! I've found a couple of text based games but they are without the nice pictures that accompanied the game I'm looking for.

I distinctly remember the opening picture for the game was that of a very evil and disturbed looking Mad Hatter shoving the Mouse into the Tea Kettle.

Does anybody know of what I'm talking about and perhaps where I might find it?

-carrot

Piecraft
Queen Alice

Postby Piecraft » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:04 pm

carrot

Postby carrot » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:41 am

nope, =/

The text baed I'm referring to had to be made post commodore, because the graphics were at the very least 256, perhaps better. It's the equivalent of painting a picture and using it as your game graphic, that's the quality of the pictures, they looked hand painted though they were all original to the game itself.

I don't specifically recall ever even seeing a picture of Alice herself in the game, it was as though the pictures were drawn from her point of view.

I have searched EVERYWHERE using google's search browser and turned up nothing. It had to be released by someone though as a packaged game because I remember it had a security key you had to reference to get in the game.

If anybody has a clue I'd be real happy, what started out as a pleasant recolection has turned into an obsession that is driving me nuts.

Thanks,

carrotImage

carrot

Postby carrot » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:27 am

nevermind, found it,

It was called Wonderland and this is the picture I was talking about -

http://www.if-legends.org/~msmemorial/g ... Poster.jpg

heres a page about the game - It also has the game passwords/cracks to play and I 'think' it has the whole game for download here as well. not absolute sure, I'm at work so I can't check if these files are the whole game.

http://www.if-legends.org/~msmemorial/g ... wonder.htm

you can also get the game here.

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=1279

Anyway, my mind has been calmed a bit. If you're a Alice in Wonderland fan, (if not it's weird your on these forum's) Then you should definitely try this game out. I was probably 14 when I first played it back sometime around '94 but I distinctly remember it being one of the better all around text based game experiences I had encountered. I recommend this game to everyone!

cheers,

-carrotImage

sirstargazer
Queen Alice

Postby sirstargazer » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:23 pm

oh my that's an awesome picture. I like the hatter's eyes!

The Cheshire Cat
Queen Alice

Postby The Cheshire Cat » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:38 pm

Man, that was a creepy picture... :| Hihi...

Countess D
Queen Alice

Postby Countess D » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:21 pm

Return to “Miscellaneous Alice”