Miscellaneous Alice > American Mcgee's Alice.

For all questions and discussions that are related to Alice in Wonderland, but do not fit into one of the above subforums.
Joe03S
Disappearing Cheshire Cat

American Mcgee's Alice.

Postby Joe03S » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:48 pm

I just did something really stupid and bought this game for a ridiculous amount of money. Has anybody played it? Did you enjoy it? Or did I just waste my money?

Peppertarts
Queen Alice

Postby Peppertarts » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:14 am

It's a brilliant game. Definitely worth every penny. :D

alice jadis
Disappearing Cheshire Cat

Postby alice jadis » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:46 pm

American Mcgee's Alice is awesome.. Especially if you're into horror games, and it has a lot of stunning levels to explore.. It's pratically the only computer game I own.. I give it a definate worth the play.. :D

3rdpoliceman

Postby 3rdpoliceman » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:02 pm

I don't like video games because most of them seeem to be very unimaginative, with simple plots. However, American McGee's Alice actually sounds worthwhile.

PrairieStorm
Caterpillar

Postby PrairieStorm » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:43 am

Is this a game that you can download onto your computer,or do you have to buy it from a store?

Grimley Fieendish
Mad Hatter

Postby Grimley Fieendish » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:31 pm

Is this a game that you can download onto your computer,or do you have to buy it from a store?
As the game was released in 2000, it's highly unlikely that you can buy it now, although the sequel Alice:Madness Returns is due out sometime next year, for consoles & PC...

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:48 pm

The game is available for PC and Mac at this point, and is worth every penny in my opinion, as McGee is an amazing story teller. His twist on the classic story actually keeps pace with the source material rather well (for the most part), which says a lot for other pieces of work (I'm looking at you Linda Woolverton, shame on you).

Fun fact: Roughly around the time this game came out, a surge of Alice in Wonderland interest began. It had never completly died out in American culture of course, but the game definatly started a revival, at least in contemporary pop-culture.

Return to “Miscellaneous Alice”