Miscellaneous Alice > Biographies & pedophelia

For all questions and discussions that are related to Alice in Wonderland, but do not fit into one of the above subforums.
ornery

Postby ornery » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:12 pm

Guest, I asked you for clinical studies and scientific information validated by the medical community, and all you give me is a book written by a literature professor???

I was right... it's case closed!

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:47 pm

Guest, I asked you for clinical studies and scientific information validated by the medical community, and all you give me is a book written by a literature professor???

I was right... it's case closed!
Why don't you read it before commenting on it..

He quotes from many various sources of a clinical nature, so use his bibliography for further studies..

You really are a lazy person...

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:56 pm

If you want clinical opinion as to whether people can have sexual thought and not act upon them, never committing the crime they may fantasize about, to make it real EASY...
Why don't you just look up P in the phone book for psychologists, or even P for psychiatrists, and pick up the phone and ask THEM!

I am sure they will briefly set you straight on the matter so I don't have to do the research for you...

And...if you insist on calling me a liar if I don't actual studies laid out before you, then I will ask you to put the shoe on the other foot...
Besides you very narrow frame of reference as someone who deals with perpetrators, not the one's you can't know about because they have committed no crime, why don't you show me some studies, or manuals from your profession which you usae as YOU base of knowledge, and QUOTE me contradictory findings???

BTW: You never commented on the fact that LENNY here forum master said in a recent post that HE/SHE agrees with ME...

Suck on them apples...

Justin
Honorary member

Postby Justin » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:24 pm

I see the ban on name-calling was strictly one-way.

To any members of the forum who still have an interest in Carroll's biography, my message is exactly as it always was. Read Cohen (best of the old-style biographers), read Leach (best of the new), read the diaries and letters (not forgetting to note the recipients' ages in the footnotes, which are most instructive). Read any archived first-hand sources you have the time and resources to find (lots of collections have websites and a mail service). Then make up your own mind.

I would add as a closing plea, never take anything Guest says at face value as we have all seen how easily he gets, let's say, mistaken. If he says 'Leach says such-and-such', read her book and see if she says anything of the kind. If he says 'There is a letter..., ask 'Where? What letter? Where's it published? What archive is it in?'

See, I really don't care what some hysterical fool with no ethics, no manners and an emotional age of four believes. What concerns me is that earnest but inexperienced inquirers will be cozened, or bludgeoned, by this guy's bulldozing tactics into believing everything he tells them. Which is not fair on them, let alone Charles Dodgson's memory.

This is my last post here. I've far too much respect for my time and my intellectual energy to waste any more of either on this kind of mock-debate. If you're happy to allow your cosy and delightful realm to be taken over by this kind of intellectual jackbootism that's your problem, but I sincerely hope you won't.

I can't find a 'de-register' option on my profile so please delete my membership details.

freelancer
Queen Alice

Postby freelancer » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:00 pm

Well, we can ignore the name-callers who don't know how to debate an issue without being rude! I say it's our best bet.
Last edited by freelancer on Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:22 pm

I see the ban on name-calling was strictly one-way.

To any members of the forum who still have an interest in Carroll's biography, my message is exactly as it always was. Read Cohen (best of the old-style biographers), read Leach (best of the new), read the diaries and letters (not forgetting to note the recipients' ages in the footnotes, which are most instructive). Read any archived first-hand sources you have the time and resources to find (lots of collections have websites and a mail service). Then make up your own mind.

I would add as a closing plea, never take anything Guest says at face value as we have all seen how easily he gets, let's say, mistaken. If he says 'Leach says such-and-such', read her book and see if she says anything of the kind. If he says 'There is a letter..., ask 'Where? What letter? Where's it published? What archive is it in?'

See, I really don't care what some hysterical fool with no ethics, no manners and an emotional age of four believes. What concerns me is that earnest but inexperienced inquirers will be cozened, or bludgeoned, by this guy's bulldozing tactics into believing everything he tells them. Which is not fair on them, let alone Charles Dodgson's memory.

This is my last post here. I've far too much respect for my time and my intellectual energy to waste any more of either on this kind of mock-debate. If you're happy to allow your cosy and delightful realm to be taken over by this kind of intellectual jackbootism that's your problem, but I sincerely hope you won't.

I can't find a 'de-register' option on my profile so please delete my membership details.
Fine I read Leach, and though she does have evidence not available to Cohen, it doesn't mean her assertions are right.

Even Woolf disagrees with some of her conclusions.

I didn't start off by being disrespectful or emotional.. assuming you are referring to me.

I admitted when I was wrong at times..even apoligized for getting emotional.

Though I still take a different view of Dodgson, though not as radical or unique as some poster here would have you believe...
No one here is an expert. Even the Experts are not in total consensus..

So...what happens is that a poster starts to imply that I must be strange, weird, iky, another poster who posts on another forum...etc.
So, then, I do what any person accused of such a horrible thing does..and shutting up is not an option either as silence would only fuel the innuendo...

So I am forced into defending myself, and ever time i try to be reasonable, some joker insinuates the "P" word...

What should I do??? REALLY..

Even if you think that my facts aren't straight, low blows to me aren't the best way to have an adult discourse, or keep the argument adult and positive...

Posters here have been all too happy to point out anything that they feel doesn't sit well with them. They ask me for fact, but other to read Leach, provide very little of their own..
Now in small ways, I have mis-quoted some things like calling some diary entries letters...but this doesn't negate my overall arguments.
One poster here gave me point by point examples of evidence she assumed I didn't believe and should read "the book"!

When I pointed out to her that in actuality, I DID AGREE with her on those points of evidence...we were in agreement, and stated, that if she had actually read MY posts, I said do in black and white, what did she do??

She acted as if my response didn't exist, totally disregarded it, to make her same point again..

Is that adult discourse?

And then another poster wonders why I might seem rude, and have no respect...

All my posts were in response to YOUR posts...

I may have defended my points, rightly or wrongly, but I didn't get personal until YOU did...

Please tell me after reading this post, what am I saying in it that offends you so much..that you haven't already done worse to me.

You may believe

Lenny
Webmaster

Postby Lenny » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:41 am

That's enough.

I am very disappointed in all of you.

Return to “Miscellaneous Alice”