Miscellaneous Alice > Sequal to McGee's Alice - "Madness Returns"

For all questions and discussions that are related to Alice in Wonderland, but do not fit into one of the above subforums.
3rdpoliceman

Postby 3rdpoliceman » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:09 pm

I am still waiting for evidence about specific instances of a full blown scandal during Dodgson's life....not the good intentioned, but trivial attempts by Dodgson's aunts to bowdlerize Dodgson's diaries.
I don't think he's in the game.

Naku Chan In Wonderland
Queen Alice

Postby Naku Chan In Wonderland » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:50 pm

The White Knight just HAS to make an appearance, then.
AIW:-)
He doesnt : (

*stands up on a tall rock* BUT I DARE SAY! I (and my friend Al) SHALL ONE DAY MAKE A THIRD GAME FOR ALICE! AND IT SHALL BE A TRILOGY AND IT WILL BE GREAT AND AWESOME!!

I should say this I watched through the whole game, it looks fun and not as hard as the first one. But there are flaws like many games have, there are invisable walls and there is also just too much platform jumping, they also overkill some of the effects. And what bugs me, if you'd play the game Okami,....god its so similar, espically when she goes to see the Catapillar DX

but still, its a BEAUTIFUL SOUP OF A GAME!!!!! I want it and I want the first one too!!

Naku Chan In Wonderland
Queen Alice

Postby Naku Chan In Wonderland » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:52 pm

Wait wait wait...you can use Alice's dress as a PARACHUTE?? Holy Joseph, I'd play it just be able to do that. XD
You can actually do that in the first game too

Naku Chan In Wonderland
Queen Alice

Postby Naku Chan In Wonderland » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:01 pm

I am still waiting for evidence about specific instances of a full blown scandal during Dodgson's life....not the good intentioned, but trivial attempts by Dodgson's aunts to bowdlerize Dodgson's diaries.
what do you mean?

Beautiful Soup
Honorary member

Postby Beautiful Soup » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:07 pm

what do you mean?
(S)he doesn't mean anything. (S)he's just a spammer who came and posted in loads of threads hoping we'd click on their sig which lead to a commercial site. Lenny has deleted the sig.

Naku Chan In Wonderland
Queen Alice

Postby Naku Chan In Wonderland » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:15 pm

what do you mean?
(S)he doesn't mean anything. (S)he's just a spammer who came and posted in loads of threads hoping we'd click on their sig which lead to a commercial site. Lenny has deleted the sig.
Ah, well I didn't see that I just saw what she wrote

Beautiful Soup
Honorary member

Postby Beautiful Soup » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:17 pm

what do you mean?
Ah, well I didn't see that I just saw what she wrote
Yeah, I didn't think you would have seen it - that's why I said that thing that I said.

3rdpoliceman

Postby 3rdpoliceman » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:56 pm

What do you all fink of the new soundamatrack? I wike it, it's creepy and similar to the first game's, but the problem is none of the tunes are as memorable as the original (probably because it isn't by the same person). Still great though.

Golden Afternoons
Caterpillar

Postby Golden Afternoons » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:19 am

These McGee Alice games look so neat. I've seen a few vids of the first one on YouTube, really creepy and cool. I wish I was old enough to play them, I seroiusly don't like playing games that I am too young for, but once I'm old enough (and have moved out DIS>:-) ) I will most likely get a copy of both and play them through. The second one looks really posilutely absotively neat! DIS:-)

Zephyr
Dormouse

Postby Zephyr » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:14 pm

I am criminally late in coming here, but I just recently picked up Alice: Madness Returns for the XBOX 360 and have been playing through both it and the original all month. I have to say, I am blown away. I went in honestly not expecting a whole lot and while the original let me down a little, Madness Returns is just brilliant as far as I'm concerned. Tonally and thematically it's a worthy successor to the original books and the story is something special. Perhaps it could have used a little variation in its gameplay and opened itself up a bit more (even the Game Boy game did that) but already it's a contender for my favourite release of 2011. I'm writing a critical essay featuring it right now, as a matter of fact

Beautiful Soup
Honorary member

Postby Beautiful Soup » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:21 pm

I got it on Monday - I haven't played the original
I think it's all right
But it's a bit hard for me. I got stuck so am now playing LA Noire

Zephyr
Dormouse

Postby Zephyr » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:29 pm

I got it on Monday - I haven't played the original
I think it's all right
But it's a bit hard for me. I got stuck so am now playing LA Noire
Yeah, both games are really punishing. Thankfully, Madness Returns has a modular difficulty so you can adjust it on the fly. I've had to do that once or twice but after that it's fine.

I'd almost suggest not even bothering with the original...I mean, there are some continuity points it's nice to have played it for, but in terms of both gameplay and story Madness Returns is superior in just about every conceivable way. I'm having a blast playing it wherase the original feels like a chore.

Great choice with L.A. Noire, by the way! I need to pay that one more attention, but next on my list are Skyrim and Sonic Generations.

Beautiful Soup
Honorary member

Postby Beautiful Soup » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:28 pm

Aha! I'm playing on normal, maybre I should switch down for the stuck bit :p

I really liked the opening sequence, set in London and the early scenes in Wonderland, but now there's lava everywhere and I'm feeling like this is more generic video game stuff than anything especially Alicey

LA Noire is really cool. I'm a big fan of old school adventure games and love gta, so this hybrid thing is pretty lush

What's skyrim?

Beautiful Soup
Honorary member

Postby Beautiful Soup » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:48 am

Argh! Blooming game!

So I finished LA Noire (also Fable 2, Bioshock, Bioshock 2 and Alan Wake) and thought I'd have another go at A:MR, and I'M STILL STUCK!

AIW:-(

I thoght I'd start again on easy, but it won't let me start a new game, only continue. Is there a way to start again at the beginning? Does anyone know?

Also, I've forgotten how to use the umbrella. Anyone know how to operate it on xbox 360?

And if anyone knows any useful cheats, I'd be very grateful.

Please help, I'm hopelss

AIW:-|

Return to “Miscellaneous Alice”