Miscellaneous Alice > Alice Jello commerical

For all questions and discussions that are related to Alice in Wonderland, but do not fit into one of the above subforums.
KelseyJoy
Caterpillar

Alice Jello commerical

Postby KelseyJoy » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:57 am

Found this on YouTube and was amused....it's an old Jello commercial with Alice, the mock turtle and the griffin. It makes me wish those characters had been in the movie even more! AIW:-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqnJAXJ8 ... re=related

[edit by webmaster] I moved the topic to the appropriate subforum

3rdpoliceman

Postby 3rdpoliceman » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:34 pm

I can't believe they'd use Alice to advertise something! How low can they stoop?

Bella44
Lewis Carroll

Postby Bella44 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:52 am

There's nothing people in advertising/marketing will not rape, pillage or plunder. *shakes head in disgust*
On a side note, why does Alice sound like a sixty year-old woman?

3rdpoliceman

Postby 3rdpoliceman » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:25 pm

There's nothing people in advertising/marketing will not rape, pillage or plunder. *shakes head in disgust*
On a side note, why does Alice sound like a sixty year-old woman?
Dunno. I thought that Miss Beaumont, her voice actress was 12.

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:02 pm

Why the concern... geez is just a commercial.

3rdpoliceman

Postby 3rdpoliceman » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:32 pm

Maybe so, but it still kind of destroys the innocence of the tale. Lots of great books/films/cartoons have been ruined by licensing.
Hope I amn't being a bit of a sourpuss, KelseyJoy. (:-O Sorry.

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:38 pm

Uh?! I don't see innocence been taken out of it. Its just a commercial with Disney characters a bit transformed and thats about it.

Sorry but some of you are way too itchy about stuff.

3rdpoliceman

Postby 3rdpoliceman » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:51 pm

Uh?! I don't see innocence been taken out of it. Its just a commercial with Disney characters a bit transformed and thats about it.

Sorry but some of you are way too itchy about stuff.
Well, Disney was never innocent. Ever. What I'm saying is that they took the sincerity out of Lewis Carrol's work, using it to sell something.
Ever heard of Bill Watterson? He had a very big problem with this.

But it wasn't nice of me to critiscise so blatantly something someone else posted, so I apologise. Though when I like something, I tend to be a bit of a purist.

KelseyJoy
Caterpillar

Postby KelseyJoy » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:49 am

Maybe so, but it still kind of destroys the innocence of the tale. Lots of great books/films/cartoons have been ruined by licensing.

No worries! Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. AIW:-D
It doesn't bother me mostly because it's just an old 50's commercial...and the dialogue is so ridiculous it's cute. ^_^ haha

aliceLover

Postby aliceLover » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:31 am

Didn't Disney do that already with HIS insipid interpretation of Alice?

Bella44
Lewis Carroll

Postby Bella44 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:44 am

Well, Disney was never innocent. Ever. What I'm saying is that they took the sincerity out of Lewis Carrol's work, using it to sell something.
Ever heard of Bill Watterson? He had a very big problem with this.

But it wasn't nice of me to critiscise so blatantly something someone else posted, so I apologise. Though when I like something, I tend to be a bit of a purist.
It's okay about being a purist 3rdpoliceman, I think we're all a little bit of a purist when it comes to Alice! AIW:-.
And I totally agree with you about the advertising and debasing the sincerity of Carroll's work. But that goes for all adverts that rip-off someone else's art/idea. Don't know who Bill Watterson is but the late Bill Hicks used to actively encourage people in marketing to kill themselves in his stand-up routines! AIW:-)

Having said that, just wanna say thanks to KelseyJoy for providing the link - its a real treat to watch whichever way you see it!

3rdpoliceman

Postby 3rdpoliceman » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:19 pm

The cartoon itself is okay. I am a big fan of cartoons and animation so I can see how it deserves merit.

Return to “Miscellaneous Alice”