Miscellaneous Alice > This looks horrible....and it's coming to my city.

For all questions and discussions that are related to Alice in Wonderland, but do not fit into one of the above subforums.
KelseyJoy
Caterpillar

This looks horrible....and it's coming to my city.

Postby KelseyJoy » Tue May 10, 2011 5:15 am

There is an Alice themed music event coming to my town on the 14th. It's called Beyond Wonderland. Apparently it's an event full of hard liquor and wonderland themed lingerie. Here's the youtube video advertising it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... igua31NLIY

It makes me sad and it sort of pisses me off. I'll admit, I'm a Carroll/Tenniel purist. I tend to shun anything that isn't the original or doesn't play on the creativity and innocence of the original story/art.

Not even sure why I'm posting this.....just thought I'd share. DIS:-z

Alyss
Lewis Carroll

Postby Alyss » Tue May 10, 2011 7:11 am

I thumbed it down. hahaha

We'reAllMadHere
Lewis Carroll

Postby We'reAllMadHere » Tue May 10, 2011 3:57 pm

Grotesque. I, like yourself, am a purist, and everything about this reeks of lascivious diabolism. >:( Even worse, the narrator has a British accent...makes you proud to be part of the country sometimes. :|

3rdpoliceman

Postby 3rdpoliceman » Tue May 10, 2011 9:26 pm

The woman in the trailer looked like a moron. I thoroughly agreed with the comment made by casetastrophe.

Postby Guest » Tue May 10, 2011 11:06 pm

I consider myself somewaht purist on C.L. Dodgson and Tenniel but I don't see the problem with this.

Its adults entertainment wich happens to be AAIW themed.

It could be anything else but they choose Dodgson's work for whatever reason.

Each with their own. I probably would go if I was near that city.

Alyss
Lewis Carroll

Postby Alyss » Wed May 11, 2011 4:59 pm

The woman in the trailer looked like a moron. I thoroughly agreed with the comment made by casetastrophe.
That's me.... Lol. Thank you!

Peppertarts
Queen Alice

Postby Peppertarts » Wed May 11, 2011 5:49 pm

Eeeeewwww!!! I didn't even watch it past going down the hole :?

ilovecheshirecat
Queen Alice

Postby ilovecheshirecat » Sat May 14, 2011 2:33 pm

That woman looks seriously psycho. Ick.

3rdpoliceman

Postby 3rdpoliceman » Sat May 14, 2011 4:12 pm

She looks like Casey from "Wings".
I hate events like that. I've never been to any, but they combine many things I hate:
1)Crowds
2)Alcohol
3)Noise
4)Scantily-clad peoples
5)Destruction of innocence

Postby Guest » Sun May 15, 2011 12:30 am

She looks like Casey from "Wings".
I hate events like that. I've never been to any, but they combine many things I hate:
1)Crowds
2)Alcohol
3)Noise
4)Scantily-clad peoples
5)Destruction of innocence
What destruction of innocence? Scantily-clad peoples?

whatda hell...

3rdpoliceman

Postby 3rdpoliceman » Sun May 15, 2011 4:26 pm

You have to admit, it all looks pretty cheap. Quite juvenile. And yet, it's too adult at the same time. Using a thing of beauty for something so disgusting...
And in my opinion, girls who parade around in "sexy" clothing like that have no respect for themselves. I mean, there's nothing wrong with showing off your body, and there's nothing bad about being sexy I suppose, but this goes over the top. Those girls should cover up!(!)

KelseyJoy
Caterpillar

Postby KelseyJoy » Sun May 15, 2011 7:14 pm

Cheers 3rdpolice! I agree completely....and that's coming from a young adult female! AIW:-)

3rdpoliceman

Postby 3rdpoliceman » Sun May 15, 2011 10:25 pm

Cheers 3rdpolice! I agree completely....and that's coming from a young adult female! AIW:-)
Awesome!(!) AIW:-D
I am so awesome. I have such great ideas all the time. I'm like, Gandhi. If everyone listened to me, we can change the world...one step at a time.

I have a feeling that the peoples going to this will probably have never read the books and won't really give a heffalump's ******* about it either way. Really, they'll just go to get drunk, get stoned, be loud and immature and whatever else peoples that age like to do (I'm not going to go there...it makes Lewis Carroll cry...) IT'S STUPID!(!) NO, NO MORE!(!) CAN'T EVERYONE JUST SHUT UP AND HAVE NICE INNOCENT FUN? NNNOOOOOOOOO!(!) AIW:-( Why can't all young people just be locked up until they're 30 and have common sense? And yes, I notice the hypocrisy in that.

Postby Guest » Sun May 15, 2011 10:59 pm

I agree to some extent. Some girls are to bitchy and they show off to much. I don't dislike it but some are extreme.

One thing is for sure, I've never seen someone so critical about a mere entertainment for adults. Cheap or not there are also people that like to hang out and have a good time.
Yes, some of them with the book practically tuck under the arm...

You are overreacting. Not even my grandma sounds like that.

I've read the book and analyze C.L. Dodgson for years and you can be pretty sure I would go if I were close to that city. Heck, I've been in raves with Alice theme likewise.

Dodsgson have already shudder on his grave with all other stupid stuff created over and over again. A party will not make much of a difference.

Naku Chan In Wonderland
Queen Alice

Lol I was like......

Postby Naku Chan In Wonderland » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:05 pm

At first.....heh heh, at first I thought it looked like a play or something cute, but then I saw the girls costume looked like one of those you get from an average costume store, not original at all, so I knew it was going to not be good.

Then it goes to a rave...? OAO;;; Ew I don't like Raves, and that one looks particually crazy, I wouldn't want to go there.....even if it is AIW themed.....*twitch twitch* >_>

I thought it was going to be a musical, I guess I was kinda right...?

Well main point, its not "Terrible" but I think Im becomeing a purist myself since I thumbs downed this. :3 (also this reminded me of a review of an x-rated Alice movie and i couldn't even watch the REVIEW! Thats how much I wanted to keep the innosence of AIW)

Go me!!!!!!! :D

Return to “Miscellaneous Alice”