Miscellaneous Alice > Alice for boys age 9/10

For all questions and discussions that are related to Alice in Wonderland, but do not fit into one of the above subforums.
Mulatsag

Alice for boys age 9/10

Postby Mulatsag » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:41 pm

Thinking of a literatureproject for children (age 9 and 10): do boys like or dislike AIW? AIW:-)

We'reAllMadHere
Lewis Carroll

Postby We'reAllMadHere » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:23 pm

Well, I first read Alice when I was a bit younger than that, and I'm a boy, and I adored it from the first sentence. However, I do not represent all the little boys that ever lived. I can say, though, that if you shy away from mentioning the Disney film (Disney films are, to boys of a certain age, a bit girly) and show them something dark and scary they'd like it much better. I would've loved to see Svankmajer's Alice as a kid!

Lewis Carrie
White Knight

Alice for boys age 9/10

Postby Lewis Carrie » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:29 pm

I hate it then people think that Alice in Wonderland is a story for girls. I mean, come on, a man wrote those books!
I agree that the Disney movie was too girlish. So people think that the story is for girls. I love the Disney movie though.

Melinda Pancoaster

Male book?

Postby Melinda Pancoaster » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:21 pm

I was thinking that books are for all ages,but what I am iffy about is if the *boy* likes video games because he might get the wrong idea about Wonderland. AIW:-|

Ter
Mad Hatter

Postby Ter » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:12 pm

I remember liking the Disney cartoon when I was little but I never really thought it was for boys or girls. I didnt read the actual book tell I was about maybe 14 or 15 for fun. And I liked it. But rereading it as an adult I like it even more and I'm a guy.

Return to “Miscellaneous Alice”