Miscellaneous Alice > Quicken Forbidden

For all questions and discussions that are related to Alice in Wonderland, but do not fit into one of the above subforums.
Treacle
Honorary member

Quicken Forbidden

Postby Treacle » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:37 pm

So far the sequels, continuations, adaptations, etc., that have Alice's name in them haven't, in my opinion, been up to the standards or the spirit of the two Alice books. They leave me sad.
The Jax Epoch and the Quicken Forbidden graphic novels by Dave Roman and John Green <www.jaxepoch.com> are to me the 20th Century Alice books. True, Jax is 16 when she follows the white rabbit, but she was imaginative as a child and never grew out of it.
The blurb on the back cover of Volume 1 (Borrowed Magic) starts out, "What if, when Alice came back from Wonderland... Wonderland came back with her?" (I don't think I'm spoiling anything by comparing the Quicken to the Jabberwock.)

[Edit by webmaster] I'm not sure what you're trying to say with this topic, but I think it belongs in another subforum.

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:39 pm

What...?

Treacle
Honorary member

Postby Treacle » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:55 pm

I want to make the point that the most Alice-like adventures in more recent times may not directly reference the characters in the two Alice books.

Return to “Miscellaneous Alice”