Miscellaneous Alice > Need help proving Carroll isn't Jack the Ripper

For all questions and discussions that are related to Alice in Wonderland, but do not fit into one of the above subforums.
Lenny
Webmaster

Postby Lenny » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:07 pm

haha nooow I see why it was edited XP DIS:-/
[offtopic]
I decided to loosen up the word censor filter ;)
[/offtopic]

takingtheblade
Mad Hatter

Postby takingtheblade » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:08 pm

*rejoices* DIS:-)

The Herald Crow
Mad Hatter

Postby The Herald Crow » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:03 am

I'm sure that Dodgson's journals are the key to proving that he was not behind the murderers mask, as they never place him in Whitechapel at times of the murders.

Dodgson's age is another matter of it - he was 56 years old in 1888 (the year the 'canonical five' were murdered)

John Tenniel has a connection to the murders by his illustrations for Punch - "The Nemesis of Neglect" and "Blind-Man's Buff"

Wikipedia has only this to say concerning the suspects:
Many theories about the identity of Jack the Ripper have been advanced. None are entirely persuasive.
Casebook.org has a section concerning all this, the last paragraph reads:
"Dodgson did mention the ripper in his private diary - just once, on 26 August 1891, when he records talking to "Dr. Dabbs" (an acquaintance of his on the Isle of Wight), about "his very ingenious theory about 'Jack the Ripper'". Though, being Dodgson, and one of the most contrary animals God ever made, he did not mention what that 'very ingenious theory' was." ~ Karoline Leach

Said the caterpiller
Dormouse

Postby Said the caterpiller » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:24 pm

I know this is a very old topic, but I just thought i'd share that the other day I watched a documentary on Jack the Ripper. This is ltierally what was said in the film. "Lewis Carroll, writer of Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking glass, was also thought to be the killer."

I think if they're going to say such a thing, they should AT LEAST just provide some evidence! I mean, come on, that's not fair to Carroll, nor would it be fair to Anyone!

AIW:-o

NeVaR aSk
Lewis Carroll

Postby NeVaR aSk » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:23 pm

^ if you want read this... specially the mid part of it were it said "Looked at in this way, Richard Wallace's claim that Dodgson was Jack the Ripper is..."

http://www.casebook.org/suspects/carroll.html

3rdpoliceman

Postby 3rdpoliceman » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:18 pm

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
I have heard a lot of rumours about Lewis Carroll, but this is by far the most far-fetched. It's hard to get my mind around the fact that someone could actually believe that Carroll was the Ripper.

Return to “Miscellaneous Alice”