Miscellaneous Alice > Help with my roles in a play

For all questions and discussions that are related to Alice in Wonderland, but do not fit into one of the above subforums.
thefrogwhisperer
Mad Hatter

Help with my roles in a play

Postby thefrogwhisperer » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:44 pm

I'm in a AIW play playing the caterpillar, tiger lily, maybe cook and possibly march hare. any costume, performing etc ideas???
help me please!!!! I'm kinda stuck because the play is kinda weird and it leaves out the whole mock turtle part!!! AIW:'-(

ANY ideas at all??????

[Edit by webmaster] Changed your topic title to something meaningful and moved the topic to the appropriate subforum.

Beautiful Soup
Honorary member

Postby Beautiful Soup » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:54 pm

thefrogwhisperer
Mad Hatter

Postby thefrogwhisperer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:38 pm

thank u!!!!!!!!!!!! well, actually I'm not the hare anymore but my friend got it instead so I'm happy. :D and I'm basically friends with everybody in the play. my BFF is Alice!!!!!! AIW:-)

Lenny
Webmaster

Postby Lenny » Tue May 01, 2012 6:20 am

Have you already read the costume ideas page?

Beautiful Soup
Honorary member

Postby Beautiful Soup » Tue May 01, 2012 12:59 pm

thank u!!!!!!!!!!!! well, actually I'm not the hare anymore but my friend got it instead so I'm happy. :D and I'm basically friends with everybody in the play. my BFF is Alice!!!!!! AIW:-)
Aw, ur welcome :) It was fun to do

As far as characterisation goes - the book says that the Caterpillar talks "in a languid, sleepy voice"

I think he's quite superior - so he finds everything and everyone else rather boring and not really worth bothering with.

During his conversation with Alice, he addresses her "sternly", "contemptuously" and "decidedly"

So I think he's very confident - he knows he's right which means that other people are probably wrong.

But he isn't mean or unkind - he helps Alice and is interested in her problems - I think he's like a rather stiff headmaster or school principle - Above everything else, but will help the lesser people if he can.

I think the Tiger Lily should sway some. Carroll refers to her as, "waving gracefully about in the wind," so I imagine a gentle, fluid movment as she is blown by the breeze.

She seems to be the boss of the flowers (or to think she is.) She is the first to speak and she tells the others off when they annoy her. She is also quite critical. So she's a bit like a teacher too, but where the Caterpillar is languid and sleepy, the Tiger Lily is more passionate. (In fact, Carroll was originally going to make her a passion-flower, but decided not to because it turned out not to mean what he thought it did.)

Perhaps she's like a prima ballerina - graceful, passionate, feminine and a little bit of a diva

The cook seems like the exact opposite of this - solid, down to earth and bad tempered. I imagine her always scowling, elbows bent, shoulders hunched, with a determined, unstoppable air as though she'd gladly punch you in the face if you got in her way. Rather gruff perhaps.

It all sounds like lots of fun. Hope you enjoy doing it :)

thefrogwhisperer
Mad Hatter

Postby thefrogwhisperer » Tue May 01, 2012 9:43 pm

definetely. It's great! and yeah, I looked at the costume ideas, I'll look again but I think they might've not had the thingies I was looking for but maybe I didn't notice. :-)

thefrogwhisperer
Mad Hatter

Postby thefrogwhisperer » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:39 am

okay, we're almost done filming. I can't post it here because it's apparently some kind of illegal-ness in some way. What I wore: for the caterpillar, I wore a blue sleeping bag (with a yellow inside) and a blue headband. And my cook outfit was an oversized powder-blue mens shirt under an apron, with normal sweatpants rolled up to show my rainbow-striped socks. was that TMI??? anyway, the play epically failed a little in many ways, but thats only oblidged if you want me to. so, yeah! i think the bloopers are longer than the actual thing! DIS:-O

CaffeinatedBovinae
Caterpillar

Postby CaffeinatedBovinae » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:18 pm

I'm curious to hear how it "epically failed". I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you say.

thefrogwhisperer
Mad Hatter

Postby thefrogwhisperer » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:34 pm

well, school ended and I'm probably never gonna see it again, so I don't really remember how it was, but i know when the mad hatter tried to rush into the court scene, she smacked into the wall, and in the caterpillar scene i smacked myself with the script.

---so yeah... DIS:-/

CaffeinatedBovinae
Caterpillar

Postby CaffeinatedBovinae » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:18 pm

Oh gosh. Well, it's just a school production. It's not a big deal.

thefrogwhisperer
Mad Hatter

Postby thefrogwhisperer » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:03 pm

well said. it was really fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there was a lot of smacking...

CaffeinatedBovinae
Caterpillar

Postby CaffeinatedBovinae » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:43 am

DIS:-) Fun is all that matters. I would love to be a part of an Alice play even if it was a failure.

Return to “Miscellaneous Alice”