Miscellaneous Alice > Info about Althea Charles illustrations

For all questions and discussions that are related to Alice in Wonderland, but do not fit into one of the above subforums.
a-fordable

Info about Althea Charles illustrations

Postby a-fordable » Sat May 26, 2012 5:31 pm

Hi: all- I have some original color illustrations of some of the characters. They might be from the 60's. I purchased them from an antique store around 1970. They were gifts for my daughter. They are signed by Althea Charles. I am wondering if any one has any info on the artist or illustrations. Thanks for your help* DIS:-/

[Edit by webmaster] Cleared up the topic title

Beautiful Soup
Honorary member

Postby Beautiful Soup » Sat May 26, 2012 6:27 pm

I've never heard of her, and she doesn't appear to have any presence on the web.
Maybe she's a local artist?
Where was the antique shop?

The Queen of Hearts
Honorary member

Postby The Queen of Hearts » Sat May 26, 2012 9:55 pm

I didn't find anything on her either. As Beautiful Soup pointed out, she could have been a local artist. Or the illustrations might have been done specifically for an individual requesting them.

Naiobe
Humpty Dumpty

Postby Naiobe » Sun May 27, 2012 2:23 am

Sorry. I wasn't able to find anything either. Maybe you can do a local search at the library. You might find some information about them there.

a-fordable

Althea Charles

Postby a-fordable » Sun May 27, 2012 10:06 pm

Thanks to all who have replied!---I purchased them many moons ago. The shop was in New York. The illustrations were framed and matted with ----Ernest Wheatley LTD. picture framer 32 Foubert's Place, Regent st. London, W. 1 tel. GERrard 8739 sticker on the back of each illustration. I will keep digging and hope you all will keep me in mind. MANY THANKS*

Return to “Miscellaneous Alice”