Miscellaneous Alice > Some of my ideas for an Alice themed tea party

For all questions and discussions that are related to Alice in Wonderland, but do not fit into one of the above subforums.
TimBurton themed teaparty

Some of my ideas for an Alice themed tea party

Postby TimBurton themed teaparty » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:38 am

Hi everyone,
My name is Sammie and Im going to be 18 in just over a week. I really wanted to do something special to mark the occassion, so I have decided to invite 20 friends over for a Tim Burton themed tea party. I have asked all of my friends to come dressed as a different character from one of his films- Nightmare before Christams, Corpse Bride, Sweeney Todd etc. (i am alice of course, as it is my wonderland that i will be creating).

My main inspiration and influence has been Tim Burton's 2010 film adaptation of the classic Alice in Wonderland story. I have bought loads of cute mis-matching crockery from carboot sales for the tea party, and even intend to have a relaxation area complete with incense, similar to the hazy, comfortable lair of the caterpillar.

Ive written a blog about my party planning, which can be found on my blogger here http://sammielovatt911.blogspot.co.uk/

Please take a look, I think that the invites especially are so gorgeous- glass 'drink me' vials with scrolls inside :)

Hopefully speak with you guys who read this soon?
Sammie
xoxo

[edit by webmaster] Moved to the appropriate subforum

The Queen of Hearts
Honorary member

Postby The Queen of Hearts » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:06 pm

I really like the tea cups and the tea pot you found! Hope you have a fun birthday!

Return to “Miscellaneous Alice”