Miscellaneous Alice > other alice stories?

For all questions and discussions that are related to Alice in Wonderland, but do not fit into one of the above subforums.
New Guy

other alice stories?

Postby New Guy » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:32 pm

im new to this site and i have read and loved alice in wonderland and through the looking glass. i am wondering what other alice books there are out there and where i can find them. ive been going through the site and only tracked down a few "Alice's Adventures beyond the moon"? and somehting about the needle head. just looking for the right titles and perhaps where i can find a copy. thanks. AIW:-)

[edit by admin] I moved your topic to the correct subforum. Check out the rest of this subforum - several titles have been discussed here!

cheshiresmiles
Disappearing Cheshire Cat

book

Postby cheshiresmiles » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:02 pm

There is this one book my freind is reading, seemed interesting.
"Through the looking glass war's."
Def something to check out =)

I Know Alice

Parody

Postby I Know Alice » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:32 pm

Alice Through the Needles Eye by Gilbert Adair. It's out of print, I'm sure, so look where you find used books.

3rdpoliceman

Postby 3rdpoliceman » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:49 pm

Automated Alice is very good, very weird. I wouldn't recommend The Looking-Glass Wars if you are a very dedicated fan, because they might anger you. The author is a bit smug, and quite dismissive of Carroll's work. AIW:-(
Exeunt Alice is very good, and is written so that you could almost believe Lewis Carroll wrote it.
And while it is not an actual sequel, try Pandora Hearts, a brilliant Manga heavily based on the Alice books.
A New Alice in the Old Wonderland is also good, and contains many Tenniel-esque illustrations by the author's daughter (Hey! That rhymes!).
Otherland Volume One: City of Golden Shadow features some scenes in a virtual world based on Through the Looking-Glass.
Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next series contains some Wonderland characters, including the Cheshire Cat, the Red Queen, the Court of Hearts and the Bellman from Hunting of the Snark.
Fantastic Alice is an anthology of short stories based on the Alice books. Some are quite good, though a few are quite mediocre.

Also, I am going to try these books very shortly:
  • Night of the Jabberwock
    The Wonderland Gambit Trilogy
    Lewis Carroll: a Biography

Return to “Miscellaneous Alice”