Fan art & fan fiction > Alice X The Mad Hatter. What u Think ???

Here you can post your own art, stories, movies, and other creative creations that are inspired by the story of Alice in Wonderland.
jack in wonderland
Humpty Dumpty

Postby jack in wonderland » Fri May 21, 2010 11:00 pm

Have said before, will say again... my personal favourite pairing is Alice and the White Knight - pretending Alice is older than seven, of course, and I've always imagined the Knight a lot younger than he is in Tenniel's illustrations.

(As to the Hatter, my imagining is that he actually has a wife, and she loves to cook, and that's how they never run out of food at the tea-party...)
Yeah but then Lewis Carroll made the Knight as himself... :?

jack in wonderland
Humpty Dumpty

Re: mad hatter x alice

Postby jack in wonderland » Fri May 21, 2010 11:08 pm

im all for it i like the goth verson better and i think of them as the same age. my personal fav is cheshire x alice if cheshire was a boy AIW:-)
Um, the Cheshire cat is a boy. (I'm pretty sure, I've always called him a him) I am in between with this. I can picture it pretty much either way. Sorry, I'm not much help. (:-O
You are right when the QOH orders his execution she says "off with his head!"

FeeWorthington
Dormouse

Postby FeeWorthington » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:55 pm

I agree with White Knight about how Wonderland wouldn't be the same if she were older, so for the original novel, no I don't like Alice x Hatter, or Alice x ANYBODY. But there are some crazy adaptions that I really appreciate, and one of these is the SyFy channel's movie, which, amoung other drastic changes, features a Hatter x Alice story. I'm one of the minority of die-hard Carroll fans that can fall in love with an adaption though.

aliceaficionado
Lewis Carroll

Postby aliceaficionado » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:24 pm

I REALLY don't get Alice x anyone either. Who would want to twist wonderland that way?

Candy_Tarts
Disappearing Cheshire Cat

Postby Candy_Tarts » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:09 pm

Alice is seven, and the Hatter looks like he's 92. Is there an emoticon for "Want to throw up?"
Lmao! :D

Melinda P.

Postby Melinda P. » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:23 pm

Me too. {shudder} DIS:-O

Mythology1

Postby Mythology1 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:10 am

I have seen it in so many fanon's where he is made a love interest (in the Burton film, in many manga) or a creepy molester (Alice zenescope comics, etc.)
I do like the Hatter, but as he is, not a substitute for whatever pairing people have in mind. I know he is one of the few human-looking characters in Wonderland, but why not pair him with the Duchess since she's also a humanesque Wonderlandian.
The thought of that makes me sick, but not as sick as the idea of that man being with a 7 year old that he like to pester or shoo away. He told her that if she doesn't think, she shouldn't talk and called her "stupid". That doesn't sound at all romantic to me.

miracle

Postby miracle » Fri May 01, 2015 2:28 pm

ummmmmmmmmmmmm..... I think you should have them as enemy it not only mix thing up but make it more real. DIS>:-)

Kymindreamland

Re: Alice X The Mad Hatter. What u Think ???

Postby Kymindreamland » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:51 pm

In all cases to make it work you would have to change the characters and the way they are. everyone has their own wonderland with their ideas on how they would like things. But at the end of the day characters would have to change not just in age but in the way they act. don't why but the queen of hearts and hatter in the book are look closely to be the same age so if you were doing it from the original book them two would be the only ones to work. But if you like Brianna Garcia who made the When Curiosity Met Insanity you could make it work.

Cheshire Dodo
White Rabbit

Re: Alice X The Mad Hatter. What u Think ???

Postby Cheshire Dodo » Tue May 16, 2017 2:04 pm

The Mad Hatter is probably the character who is rudest and most offensive to Alice, even compared to the Queen of Hearts (“Off with their head” is her standard remark to everyone). This makes the whole idea of an Alice / Hatter romance just wrong, BEFORE you consider their ages. Then it gets really sick.

As for Alice being "grown-up” in a "sequel". In my opinion, she then ceases to be the “Alice” of the books, etc. and becomes an entirely different character. In this case the “Alice in Wonderland” name is now, just being used purely as a sales pitch to attract people to movie / book / video game / internet story site, etc.

Return to “Fan art & fan fiction”