Fan art & fan fiction > Needlework and stitching

Here you can post your own art, stories, movies, and other creative creations that are inspired by the story of Alice in Wonderland.
jenny2write
Honorary member

Needlework and stitching

Postby jenny2write » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:17 pm

Anyone know of an online AIW resource connected with needlework and stitching?. My friend keeps a stitching blog and she is always stitching things. She usually makes me beautiful gifts at Christmas and on my birthday. I would love to direct her to a site which might give her some Alice ideas to adapt. (Can't hold a needle myself without pricking my finger to bits) DIS:-/

The Queen of Hearts
Honorary member

Postby The Queen of Hearts » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:32 pm

I don't know of an online source to find them, but I do know of a cross stich book that has some of the classic pics adapted.

jenny2write
Honorary member

Postby jenny2write » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:18 pm

I don't know of an online source to find them, but I do know of a cross stich book that has some of the classic pics adapted.
Oh! thanx.....what is its name,do you remember?
Jenny

The Queen of Hearts
Honorary member

Postby The Queen of Hearts » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:41 pm

It's called "Ginnie Thompson Favorite Illustrations from Children's Classics in counted Cross-Stitch". The copy I'm looking at is Dover Needlework Series. The one's from Alice are:
-Alice and the "Drink Me" Bottle
-The White Rabbit as Court Herald
-The White Rabbit with a Watch
-Alice and the Pig Baby
-Alice and the Cheshire Cat (with instructions to make Cheshire look like he's disapearing or actually there)

jenny2write
Honorary member

Postby jenny2write » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:33 am

Cool, thanx I will look it out!
Jenny

EllaS

Re: Needlework and stitching

Postby EllaS » Mon May 14, 2018 2:47 pm

I would also like to knit something like this, especially the Cheshire Cat, but I can do it only with the help of a knitting machine. And on it, as everyone knows it is difficult to knit complex patterns, can someone know the models of knitting machines with which it is feasible? It really became my most important pastime after work. Agree, this is anti-stress.

I began to consider some options here (link removed by webmaster) , but I'm not sure yet.

Return to “Fan art & fan fiction”