Fan art & fan fiction > Halloween costume contest

Here you can post your own art, stories, movies, and other creative creations that are inspired by the story of Alice in Wonderland.

Which one is your favorite home made Halloween costume?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:04 am

Nephtyis: "Madness returns"
18%
basketgal917: Mad Hatter
18%
basketgal917: Alice
No votes
basketgal917: Cheshire Cat
9%
JamesCraven: Alice
9%
Brick_potato: Mad Hatter
18%
sweetalices: Hysteria Mode of "Alice Madness"
27%

Total votes: 11

Lenny
Webmaster

Halloween costume contest

Postby Lenny » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:02 am

================================

The costume contest is now closed. Sweetalices is the winner! Congratulations!

================================

It's been some time since our last Halloween costume contest. So let's do another!

As true Alice in Wonderland fans, I assume you are all going to be dressed as a Wonderland character. If that is indeed so, you can enter!

How it works
Take a photograph of yourself, wearing your Halloween costume, and post it in this topic.

When submitting a costume, mention whether is was home made, or bought.
If you are not a registered member, also provide your (nick)name and email address, so I can notify you in case you win. If you'd rather not publicly post your email adress, you can send it to me in a private message or by email.

You can submit entries until the 15th of November. On the 16th (GMT+1), this topic will be locked, and I will create a poll.

All registered forum members then have 1 week to vote for their favourite costume. The entry with the most votes is the winner!

Prizes
Both winners (one for home made costume, one for bought costume) can pick an Alice in Wonderland shirt or hat from this page on TV Store Online

Winners should email their name, address, desired item and size to me and TV Store Online will then ship the item directly to the winners.

Many thanks to TV Store Online for sponsoring this contest!

The rules
- Costumes can be in Tenniel style, Disney style, or any other style as long at it is clearly based on the Alice in Wonderland stories. You can be any Wonderland character (or item) you like.
- If you made a costume for someone else, you can enter too. Post a picture of that other person wearing your outfit. Submit multiple costumes in seperate posts, as they will be treated as individual entries.
- You will not be judged by the quality of your picture, but by the quality of your costume. (however, better photographs help us see the costume better)
- Only photographs from this year's Halloween costumes are allowed (but you can take and submit the photograph before or after the 31st if you like)
- You can post as many photographs as you like of your costume, to give us the opportunity to see your costume from different angles
- All links to the photographs must remain intact until the end of the voting period. Entries with broken links will be disqualified.
- We need at least 3 different contestants per category for the contest to continue
- You do not have to be a registered member of this forum to enter the contest
- You have to be a registered member to vote, as this is the only way to prevent people from voting more than once.
- As the webmaster, I reserve the right to update or clarify these rules at any time [/list]

How to post an image in this topic
You can post an image by first uploading it to the internet. If you do not have your own webspace, you can use a free service like Photobucket or Flickr.
When you have put the image on-line, copy the url of the image (of the image itself, not the page that it is displayd on).
Place the following code in your post on this forum:

Code: Select all

[img]the url of your image here[/img]
Only post entries in this topic! If you have questions, want to make comments, or discuss the contest, do so in this thread.

Need inspiration? Check out the Alice in Wonderland costume ideas page!

Have a great Halloween!! DIS:-)
Last edited by Lenny on Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:23 am, edited 6 times in total.

Nephtyis
Disappearing Cheshire Cat

Hysteria Mode

Postby Nephtyis » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:57 pm

Hello everybody,
a costume contest sounds great. Me and my friends made Wonderland Cosplays and want to wear them this Halloween. So i want to show you mine.
I love all Alice stories and its variations. But my favorite one is Madness Returns ♥
I found a wig on ebay which would perfectly fit to an hysteria mode costume.
So the idea was to create it. It is homemade with love and lots of time...
the backside with selfmade bow and skull made of Fimo
and the epic vorpal blade also made of Fimo

Me and my friends all made a cosplay. There was the mad hatter,a bunny and also ther was the cute alice.
We took a nice picture of good n bad Alice
DIS>:-(

Hope you enjoy my dress DIS:-)
Best regards ♥

basketgal917

My Alice in Wonderland Halloween Contest Entry

Postby basketgal917 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:24 am

My Halloween costume entry has myself, my daughter, and my niece in the picture. I am the Mad Hatter. I made my outfit from thrift store finds. The classic hat was a lucky find along time ago. The vest is awesome with teacups and saucers as the print and the buttons are gold teapots. I added a man's mustard yellow jacket and blue pants.

My daughter is Alice and my niece is Cheshire cat. These costumes were made by a friend who likes to design costumes and these were her prototypes. She needed 2 young ladies to wear them. We attached to Alice's outfit a tablecloth complete with a tea party glued on it which was her train.

JamesCraven
Caterpillar

My Alice in Wonderland Costume entry

Postby JamesCraven » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:51 am

This is what I wore for three Halloweens in 2007, 2008 and 2011, the latter year it was retired as my mom (who helped me make the home made costume) had passed away. This was one of my favorite costumes, and enjoyed myself very much.

[email protected]

my homemade mad hatter. :)

Postby [email protected] » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:17 pm

photoshopped my face on this one.

don't have makeup or my sash.

Concept.

Image[/img]

[email protected]

clarifying.

Postby [email protected] » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:24 pm

I made this costume three years ago for the premier of the Alice movie. Its all hand stiched (with the exception of the khacki pants I dyed and pin striped, and the jacket which I also dyed.)

the hat it made from durable poster board for the frame and foam board for the top. I draped Fabrics I got from jo-anns. The first is a houndstooth print (green/purple) with a white lace over that. All spray painted to give it the messy look. Added feathers and hat pins.

the brim is just a wire circle I pulled taught with the fabric to give it the upwards curve.

any questions? Email me ;)

sweetalices

Halloween costume - Alice Madness Hysteria

Postby sweetalices » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:25 am

Hello!!! So, I'm Alice ~ And I wanted to make a costume of Alice herself, of course, but how it's Halloween, it couldn't be a happy costume. That's why I chose to make the Hysteria Mode of "Alice Madness", and it worked out GREAT!! DIS:-)

Here it is:

PS: of course is home-made hehehehehehe I didn't have money to buy literally a costume :3

Lenny
Webmaster

Postby Lenny » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:41 am

Congratulations, sweetalices: your costume has received the most votes, so you are the winner of our 2013 Halloween costume contest!! DIS:-)

Return to “Fan art & fan fiction”