Miscellaneous Alice > Alice Playlist

For all questions and discussions that are related to Alice in Wonderland, but do not fit into one of the above subforums.
lindseyislost
Disappearing Cheshire Cat

Alice Playlist

Postby lindseyislost » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:35 pm

I'm in the process of writing a modern-twist of Alice in Wonderland. I'm not too far in..but I need some inspiration.

I'm hoping to find some songs that deal with the Adventures of wonderland. I've got Mad as Rabbits by panic! at the disco and all creativity is lost after that.
Hopefully some will be spawned so that I can continue with the story :]
Thank you!

Freakears

Postby Freakears » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:07 am

"White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane. Classic Alice-related song. DIS|-p

lindseyislost

Postby lindseyislost » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:31 pm

k thanks :]
Any other suggestions?

Alyss
Lewis Carroll

Postby Alyss » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:21 am

We actually already did a playlist on here in another topic. I'll post it here for you, okay?

I made up this playlist for my A.I.W. Myspace fanfic Page, and most of it is A.I.W. related, the rest, is to be used for my story. I'm sure you'll be able to tell which ones are A.I.W. related and which ones aren't.... (In other words, I guess, anything that's NOT Cradle of Filth, Hayley Westenra, Eighteen Visions, or The Killers is A.I.W. related) I suck at writing, sorry....

http://view.playlist.com/12823270155/standalone

P.S. - Did you know that Panic at the disco's music is SO horrible, they have an unreleased album that was too awful to sell. Yeah, I don't like anything they make. But, I am intrigued they made a song about A.I.W. Is it even any good?

lindseyislost

Postby lindseyislost » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:37 pm

Their new album is a lot of nonsense lines and verses.
That's probably the only thing that I like about it, it sounds alot more whimsical than anything. And theres not a single song in there about sex, unlike their first album, where strippers and lapdancing decorated their lines.

They went from poppy-punk to indie-stuff, I guess haha.
I like northern downpour and mad as rabbits because the lead guitarist, Ryan Ross, actually sings. He's got a cute little voice DIS:-) But other than that, they're not my favorite band. I wouldn't recommend wasting your time on their new album.

And sorry for not further looking into the playlist, but I appreciate you making it easy and posting it right here :]

Alyss
Lewis Carroll

Postby Alyss » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:44 am

No problem! Hope you like what's on there. My story is dark,for now, so I have to make the music the same.

hoshi
Humpty Dumpty

Postby hoshi » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:58 am

An artist named Pogo released an EP of four songs called Wonderland. It takes samples from Disney's movie, and it's kinda cool. You can download it for free at Last.fm

http://www.last.fm/music/Pogo

I'm listening to your playlist now, Alyss, and I'll tell you what I think when I finish it :D

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:09 pm

Hey- its Lindseyislost, on my grandfathers computer which isn't letting me log on.

Hoshi,
Great! I'll check out the EP as soon as I get home :]

Alyss
Lewis Carroll

Postby Alyss » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:26 am

An artist named Pogo released an EP of four songs called Wonderland. It takes samples from Disney's movie, and it's kinda cool. You can download it for free at Last.fm

http://www.last.fm/music/Pogo

I'm listening to your playlist now, Alyss, and I'll tell you what I think when I finish it :D
Awesome! Thanks for that! :D

JamesCraven
Caterpillar

Postby JamesCraven » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:27 am

"Queen of Hearts" by Juice Newton. Especially in the part where Alice plays croquet.

Doll girl

The fear

Postby Doll girl » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:23 am

Lily allen- the fear,is a very good song for inspiration
watch the video clip, its inspired by alice in wonderland.
It deals with modern issues like fame, yet it has a trippy, alice in wonderland feel to it.

We'reAllMadHere
Lewis Carroll

Postby We'reAllMadHere » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:51 pm

The band Broadcast have a song called Valerie, inspired by the Czech film Valerie and Her Week of Wonders. It has quite surreal lyrics and is dreamy to listen to. Czech it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as5ZdjYGdRY

angelstrike

Postby angelstrike » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm

there is also "Red Queen" by Funker Vogt. german industrial band. the original and "mad hatter remix" are the best ones

tobey_maguire

Postby tobey_maguire » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:46 am

"White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane. Classic Alice-related song. DIS|-p
yes you are right...!

Return to “Miscellaneous Alice”