Movies > an Alice animation where she wore a red dress?

About officially released Alice in Wonderland movies, like Disney's cartoon and Tim Burton's movie.
RandomGuy

an Alice animation where she wore a red dress?

Postby RandomGuy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:18 am

Howdy, everyone.

My girlfriend watched an Alice in Wonderland animation when she was younger. She was 5 so we're talking about '97. She seems to remember Alice wearing a red dress, and there's a song that goes something like "oh, Alice, it's a wonder you know who you are/ cause you've been travelling far/ You're off to that other land, to dream the dreams you want to/ to dream the dreams you need to/ to dream the dreams you long for, oh Alice". Also there is a Dodo who holds a caucus race to get dry. They're trying to get dry because they got wet from the tears of Alice because she couldn't fit through a door. There's a mock turtle who is always crying because he's not a real turtle. The Dutchess has a baby pig who is always squealing and there's a cook who adds a lot of pepper and it makes everyone sneeze. There's a Jack of Hearts who stole the tarts and they go to court about it.

I'm not sure how much of this happens in all of the Alice movies because I watched a real-people version where she cries in a room too, but that's what she can remember. It seems to be mainly the red dress Alice we can't find. We've searched all over Google and forums but can't find it. I think she must have dreamed it tbh, but I've had a little look around this site and you folks seem to know a lot about Alice so I'm hoping someone can help.

BIG thanks to anyone who figures this out!

Beautiful Soup
Honorary member

Postby Beautiful Soup » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:33 am

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:04 am

aahh yes, that's it! It's taken us a while to find this. I think Alice' dress is a light/dull blue (probably due to quality) and her pinafore has thickish red edges and that's why she was thinking it was a red dress and we couldn't find it.

thanks a lot. big help!

Return to “Movies”