Miscellaneous Alice > Anyone had any strange, AIW-esque dreams before?

For all questions and discussions that are related to Alice in Wonderland, but do not fit into one of the above subforums.
We'reAllMadHere
Lewis Carroll

Anyone had any strange, AIW-esque dreams before?

Postby We'reAllMadHere » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:23 pm

I've had many...not long ago, for instance, I remember I was led through a dreamscape by a stag-headed man. It was full of lots of little episodes like AIW, including another stag-man telling stories to children in a skyscraper conference room, and a journey into the painting The Garden of Earthly Delights.

I can also recall my travels through a vast mansion, with an infinite number of corridors and rooms. It was a little like the hallway with the drifting curtains in Jonathan Miller's Alice film (but I dreamt this before I'd seen that film). I seemed to explore the rooms, and there were a great may strange things in them, but most were just empty. I remember that the paint on the walls was peeling. Then I was in a willow-maze at the back of the house, moving towards the centre. There, I found a large cave which was inhabited by a monster, half chicken and half lion (might I say it was a very grand beast).

I had another dream involving a huge, abandoned, Gothic mansion, also falling to pieces and overgrown with ivy (I have a strange liking for abandoned and ruined houses/places, especially if the walls are covered in ivy). It was a long dream, but I know there were incidents involving very frustrated tennis players on a crumbled tennis court, a stone bridge jutting out into the air from the house, a ploughed field and an argument with my then-drama teacher on yet another tennis court. I've noticed a lot of my dreams take place in sprawling, neglected, derelict areas overgrown with fairy tale thorns and ivy. (Like these photos: http://www.ellisislandghosts.com/)

Just recently a dream I had was composed of a rabbit-headed man, a giant black shoe, rabbit silhouettes and a lot of fear. Another very memorable one from my childhood involved a living Slinky with my Dad's voice who chased me round my house, threatening my with death. (To be sure, I've never had any bad experience with my Dad, and it's not some silly symbolic representation that I'm scared of him ((I certainly amn't)).) Another time, there was heavy snowfall over all of England, but when a single snowflake touched human skin they would become a zombie. Naturally, the whole of England bar me became infected. I can very clearly recall being at wonder-peace in a forest, beautiful with snowfall, when I turned to see a group of zombies running in slow motion through the trees. It was a true fairy tale image. Speaking of fairy tales, I once dreamt of a sorrowful story, in which a beautiful woman was imprisoned in a tower in the middle of a pine forest. The only time she could escape was at night, for the moment the moon rose she became a snow goose. However, she had to return to the tower by daylight lest she should die. It was such a sad thing, but I never got to see the end! AIW:'-(

I could be here for a while; I have many strange dream stories to tell!

The Queen of Hearts
Honorary member

Postby The Queen of Hearts » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:38 pm

I had one dream with Haigha passing out prizes on a tennis court.

Another dream I had I met several of the Wonderland characters and had tea with them (not with Hatter or Hare though). Then I woke up after drinking from a "drink me" bottle.

Finally, I had a dream where I was part of the filming of the Halmark version and Kermit the frog was the director and I wasn't Alice, but I was watching the "drink me" bottle fall. I was looking for my pink shoe in that dream (I couldn't find it earlier that day, so apparently it carried over into my sleep)...I think there were some other Alice things too.

These are the only dreams I have that directly realted to Alice that I can think of. I'd imagine that the reoccuring appearance of the "drink me" bottle comes from it being one of the things I see every night right before I turn off the lights.

SakuraInWonderland
Lewis Carroll

Postby SakuraInWonderland » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:08 am

When I often daydream, I often like going into my own fantasy world. When I often sleep at night in bed, I have a lot of strange dreams. One dream I had was when I was saw people walking around with only their swimsuits on, and I one-time had a dream where some woman looked like she was tied up in ropes with only like a leotard that she is wearing and then she gets sliced apart by a group of blades and bits of her body become like pieces of meat, which kind of grossed me out. I one-time dreamed I was in a sewer and then I saw a cat and then I got out a knife, picked it up and then I used my knife to slash the cat and then it limped and it died, which was a dream that kind of made me sick because I like cats. Sometimes the dreams I have in bed make no sense, I can't seem to remember some of them. As I said, I do often when I sleep at night have a lot of strange dreams, some of which I think are AIW-esque.

Alyss
Lewis Carroll

Postby Alyss » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:25 am

I had a dream, that I was actually trapped in. It was an all-white room, with two large cathedral-like doors on opposite sides of this room. A guy was sitting in a chair, watching tv. I can't remember the conversation, I just remember him telling me I wasn't allowed out of the dream. (Yes, he told me I was dreaming!) Then, another guy with white hair came through the door on the left, ran to the other door, and went through. I got up, went up to the door the guy with white hair went out of. I remember the exact words the guy in the chair said to me as I pulled the door open. He said, "You'll regret it..". I opened the door, went through, and woke up. Very interesting!

The other one, I fell asleep to an 80's music info-mercial, and had a AAIW-ish dream that was an 80's musical. That one was actually pretty cool.

Then, I was day-dreaming one day, and had a kinda' dorky music video Idea for the song, "Little Red Corvette" by Prince where the book character Alice is grown up and about to marry some guy, only to find out he's a player, then goes back to wonderland because she'd rather live there than be married to him, and she rants about his player ways to the characters. Okay, it's REALLY dumb. I don't know why I just admitted to this. DIS:-/

We'reAllMadHere
Lewis Carroll

Postby We'reAllMadHere » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:07 am

I dreamt a not-so strange thing last night, but which could very easily be turned into a teen-fiction-fantasy-adventure-novel, in which there was a large boarding school. I was new to it, and was sharing a room with a girl who looked remarkably like Dakota Blue Richards. We seemed to become embroiled in this ancient quest to find a magical rose whose powers could save the world from eminent destruction. This was intertwined for some reason with another dream involving a Summerisle-esque island with pagan sacrificial practices, with a sunken ship on the coastline. I seemed to have repeated visions of me and a large group of people--the Dakota Blue girl holding my hand--running all the way across the astroturf pitch at my school. I don't think we ever found the Rose.

Mad Hatter II
Queen Alice

Postby Mad Hatter II » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:32 pm

The closest thing to AIW in dreams I ever had was a scene in which Coco (from Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends) was holding a book in her wings and on the cover was Teniel's illustration of the White Rabbit. That's all I got! AIW:'-(

I'm Such A Mad Hatterr =)
Disappearing Cheshire Cat

Postby I'm Such A Mad Hatterr =) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:34 pm

Woahh, i never had AAIW dreams but i'm glad i'm not the only one who has very vivid, weird dreamS! Almost every day i dream something totally random and strange...maybe it is connected to AAIW somehow..i once dreamt of rabbits? I dunno. :)

hoshi
Humpty Dumpty

Postby hoshi » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:28 pm

Once I was falling asleep in the student lounge at my college and started having a lucid dream. I was laying on the floor when I started to drift off. Everything was the same as when I had closed my eyes, but suddenly my legs were growing larger and larger. Soon they took up the entire lounge, and people were screaming and looking for some way to escape the building. (:-O

We'reAllMadHere
Lewis Carroll

Postby We'reAllMadHere » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:06 pm

Once I was falling asleep in the student lounge at my college and started having a lucid dream. I was laying on the floor when I started to drift off. Everything was the same as when I had closed my eyes, but suddenly my legs were growing larger and larger. Soon they took up the entire lounge, and people were screaming and looking for some way to escape the building. (:-O
That's quite an awesome dream. :-) Lucid dreaming is amazing!

I sense a thread revival, no one had commented on this in a very long time!

Let me see, my latest dreams:

More mirrors and ruined houses, but also a continuing revival of magic bookshops which contain otherwordly tomes. I was once sent to a concentration camp with my friends, and instead of a gas chamber there was a room full of mirrors. But I smashed the mirrors and fell down a hole.

I also had a candle, and whenever I lit the wick and whispered something into the flame it would come true. A wish candle, if you like. Whenever I lit the candle I would levitate, and I flew to Notre-Dame Cathedral over Paris. At one point I even had wings!

An elderly couple were travelling through a museum of flowers on a chairlift. The woman said, "Look Bernard, there's a nice flower behind that gallery!" Then the museum became a bookshop of esoteric and occult subject-matter.

My mother turned into a schoolbag.

In an anthropology dream, I saw an isolated clan of people in an enormous pine forest who worshipped wolves. On "Wolf Day", sometime in December, the clan leader would dress as a wolf to lead a procession through the forest. The villagers would be decked out in wolf furs and masks, singing and dancing, taking a sacrifice to the caves where the wolves lived.

The Queen of Hearts
Honorary member

Postby The Queen of Hearts » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:12 am

I had a weird dream that the Disney White Rabbit was going to go on the Alice in Wonderland ride with me, but then he disapeared into the park and I chased after him, but couldn't find him.

alcebooksanatic14

anyone had any strange, AIW-esque dreams before?

Postby alcebooksanatic14 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Well, a few months back I had this dream that I was at my grandparents house and I found this door to a garden upstairs. I went through the door and came out of a tunnnel into the garden. There was a party there in he garden, but I can't remember what happened next.

I've also had a dream where I've been at a consert in the upstairs of a bookshop and I've been waiting for the singer to come up the stairs...but they never came.

When I was little, I dreamt that I was on a school trip and everyone was waiting for me to come up the stairs where they all were, I was doing fine, but then suddenly I tripped and fell down as the stairs seemed to vanish under my feet. OMG...everyone's goig to think I'm weird.... DIS:-/

Mad Hatter II
Queen Alice

Postby Mad Hatter II » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:44 pm

I had a dream where Alice was closing all the doors in the hall of doors and the mad hatter was there and I think the white rabbit and that's all I remember DIS:-S

3rdpoliceman

Postby 3rdpoliceman » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:14 pm

I once dreamt about this ragdoll version of the White Rabbit. I was chasing him through a hotel.

ilovecheshirecat
Queen Alice

Postby ilovecheshirecat » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:27 pm

I once had a dream about a week before my sister's birthday about Alice. In the dream, it was my sister's birthday, and all the Alice characters were there to celebrate. Me and Alice got along really well and became good friends. She took me to her house and then I adopted the Cheshire Cat (My lifelong dream ;) )

3rdpoliceman

Postby 3rdpoliceman » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:16 pm

I once had a dream about a week before my sister's birthday about Alice. In the dream, it was my sister's birthday, and all the Alice characters were there to celebrate. Me and Alice got along really well and became good friends. She took me to her house and then I adopted the Cheshire Cat (My lifelong dream ;) )
So, the Cheshire Cat was like your kid?

Return to “Miscellaneous Alice”